Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 06-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
charlweed
Enthusiast
charlweed began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to have libraries have different permissions and visibility for different users?

I have several different libraries. One is exclusively children's books, and one has PDFs with non-public reference material. I want the kids to be able to log into the kid's library, and never see any other library. Similarly, I want the reference library to be as invisible as possible, and ensure that only I can browse it.
How to set that up on the same server?
I thought I wanted multiple instance of Calibre, but calibre-server forbids that.
charlweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
set up permissions PER login via
Preferences: sharing over the net: User Accounts (a tab)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
configuration, permissions, visibility