Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
My new computer

Well, my old computer was over 2 years old, so I figured I was due for a new one...

I bought an 'All-In-One Touch PC' from Acer... Aspire Z5610..

It's gorgeous, and very little electrical cords... Keyboard and mouse are wireless.. My desk looks so clean.

Got a free HD TV 42 inch, nice cover for my iPod Touch and a Harry Potter game (I have no idea on how to play games, but it looks terrific )
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
Gerli
Protoculture
Gerli doesn't litterGerli doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 4
Congrats!
Gerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Congrats ...

Watch out for those wireless mice and keyboards, they go 'dead' at awkward moments... !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Well done, Lene. I just installed a sooper-dooper new Acer PC myself last month to replace my ol' Dell, which died of overwork. Hope you're as happy with yours as I am with mine. Also got an Acer netbook for my mother-in-law last year and she'd delighted with it. Never a glitch. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:41 AM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Way to go
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Congrats ...

Watch out for those wireless mice and keyboards, they go 'dead' at awkward moments... !
Agreed! I'll never use a wireless mouse again!

But congratz on the new toys. It's always fun getting new stuff. I keep track of silly things like first email sent from the new computer.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Post a picture of it!
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I bought an 'All-In-One Touch PC' from Acer... Aspire Z5610..
Nice looking computer. But (not to be a buzz kill) a prediction-- you will quickly find reaching up to touch the screen to do things much more fatiguing than using a keyboard and mouse and, once the novelty wears off, almost never use that feature.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
watershawl
Enthusiast
watershawl began at the beginning.

Device: nook
sweet! Are you loving it?
watershawl is offline   Reply With Quote