Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 12:44 AM   #1
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
BookCampTO!

So, who's going? The session list just got posted.

Aside from a whole bunch of cool industry and tech talk, the first panel in room five is:

Quote:
9:30 Digital Do-Dads
Mark Palvidis & TBA

A show-and-tell of digital reading devices.
I'm sure we can all bring at least two devices to the talk. I'd bring my eSlick, Palm Pre (with both pReader and the Kobo app), my old Palm VII with MobiPocket and AvantGo, Palm m130 with the same, and my old HTC Touch with MobiPocket.

Actually, no, digging out the old PDA and phone is too much trouble. eSlick and Palm Pre, yes.

[self-promotion]I blogged about it a bit last year.[/self-promotion]
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I just got on to the waitlist... how do I find out about these things in time to get in?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I follow a bunch of bookish people on twitter. In this case I found out via bookcampto, bookoven, hughmcguire, mhp. This one booked up very very quick. Less than 24 hours after it opened up and there wasn't any warning before it opened up either.

In hindsight I should've posted a note to mobileread but I didn't think of that at the time. I posted to my book and media studies course bulletin board instead.

You might not be able to get in to the unconference itself, but you can chime in via twitter, or join the conversation at the pubs afterwards. I'm hoping we can do a mobileread meetup at the bookcamp pub.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
lance_

Afraid I won't be making it to the post-camp drinks after all, but I hope any mobilereaders who make it have fun.

Tags
bookcamp, bookcampto, ischool, toronto, unconference