Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #121
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by cearbhallain View Post
The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Can you believe that movie is a cult hit? It's a travesty!!11!

Bill the Galactic Hero by Harry Harrison. I first read this satire as a teenager and for awhile I had a hard time remembering which scenes I'd read in "Bill" and which came from Starship Troopers.
I saw "The Princess Bride" but haven't read the book but I thought the movie was excellent. A movie that was far different from the book was "Ella Enchanted." What I was struck by was how many changes they made to the book that it was almost a different story (the inspiration from "Cinderella" that was clearly in the book was hard to see in the movie).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #122
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I'm just reading Murray Leinster's A Logic Named Joe - it's a collection of short stories/novelettes that, to me, feel as though they were written in a more innocent time. I'm often chuckling or laughing as I read.

It's in the Baen free library too... http://www.webscription.net/p-253-a-...named-joe.aspx

It'll have me reading more of his work in the future.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
comedy, funny, humor