Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Split conversations

I have found several cases where I, inadvertantly, get a split conversation. One paragraph has the opening quote and there is a bad paragraph split causing the closing quote to be in a second paragraph. These are proper curly quotes by the way. I have tried “(.*)” with the DOTALL turned on and the search skips these instances. It finds all quote - text - quote sets within a paragraph, but not one that crosses paragraphs. I have searched and searched and can't find a regex example that works. Does anyone have a suggestion?
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@dicknskip - what version of Sigil? If you are using 0.5.906, there is a bug in it (broken from 0.5.905) where the DotAll option is actually doing Minimal match and vice-versa. So if you don't have both turned on and are using 0.5.906, turn on the "minimal match" option. Or manually add (?s) to the front of your expression.

Now if that still doesn't work for you, then post an example of the two paragraphs. Normally I would do something like (off the top of my head untested):
Find: “([^”]*)</p>\s+<p[^>]*>
Replace: “ \1
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Turning on both settings in 0.5.906 worked perfectly. Thanks - I guess I missed that bug report. By the way - you guys are doing absolutely awesome work with this application. Thanks for that also.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Cool, glad you got it running, sorry for any confusion that bug caused. It was only found last night when someone reported an issue with it on the beta thread. I always have both options turned on so I hadn't noticed it had got mangled along the way.

All fixed for the next release which shall hopefully be in the next day or so - I have run out of things to fix with the current build once I commit some stuff in a few hours time. Can't wait to hear what people think of the 0.5.907 build when it comes out, it is super quick and shiny with all the extra effort we have put into it...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote