Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
ldai
ldai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question flash my Kindle Touch using windows, how?

I am a happy user of a Kindle Touch until I brick it, I read all Threads about debricking methods and somehow get my KT back working, but it is not working properly. I am a windows user and not familiar with Linux:-;, so pls help me to flash my Kindle Touch (just like flash a mobile phone or ghost a computer) using a windows PC (xp), I have tried Reset to Factory Defaults, but modifications are still there. thank you very much!
ldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The factory restore menu item does not do much good on a previously bricked kindle.

If you have not already done this, then download the original 5.0.0 mmcblk0p1 image from the "simple debricking" thread, and then use the linux "dd" command to write it from the kindle USB drive to /dev/mmcblk0p1.

If you have not alread erased /dev/mmcblk0p3, then copy /dev/zero to it to erase it.

You may also want to run the factory_restore script.

There are RUNME.sh scripts that do these linux commands for you, published in the "simple debricking" or "select boot" threads.

After this, you may want to install the 5.0.4 firmware update. Do not install older firmware updates due to a potentially mismatched linux kernel if you previously updated.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-23-2012 at 05:09 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert