Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
calibre complete seizure

Hello...my calibre used to work fine...now it refuses to.. I cannot add books ,,,I cannot read books with its ereader .....I have uninstalled and reinstalled...any ideas??
way8lifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
What OS are you using (Windows, linux, IOS)?
Have you rebooted your computer?
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #3
way8lifter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
What OS are you using (Windows, linux, IOS)?
Have you rebooted your computer?

I run windows 7 ..and have rebooted...
on the calibre page it says to get ride of a certain folder after deleting ,,,can't find where my computer put the folder...even with a search
uninstalled the program with cc cleaner
Old 03-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the folder is in usually found in your user folder users\helen\appdata\roaming\calibre is where it is. substitute your account for 'helen'
Probably you have already found it and deleted it?

Helen
Old 03-21-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
Hello...my calibre used to work fine...now it refuses to.. I cannot add books ,,,I cannot read books with its ereader .....I have uninstalled and reinstalled...any ideas??
2 things come to mind:
1) a recently added font is corrupt/the font Calibre was using was removed.

2)you have corrupted the settings.
Preferences: Miscellaneous: click the button labeled Configuration Folder..
Leave the folder OPEN and Exit Calibre.
Delete the folder (and contents)
Uninstall Calibre,then Reboot
Re-install Calibre
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Any chance that Calibre is running and just the screen (or some popup) is on a non viewable screen location?

Have you ever had multiple monitors attached while calibre was running?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
way8lifter
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
2 things come to mind:
1) a recently added font is corrupt/the font Calibre was using was removed.

2)you have corrupted the settings.
Preferences: Miscellaneous: click the button labeled Configuration Folder..
Leave the folder OPEN and Exit Calibre.
Delete the folder (and contents)
Uninstall Calibre,then Reboot
Re-install Calibre
yes to # 1 ..it happened after I updated...told my mom I should have stuck with my "if it aint broke don't fix it" rule of computing ...made sure she never up dates here ,,
I will try your second suggestion ...and Helens if it doesn't work ..
I have a LARGE number of books to convert from epub to mobi,,,just like this program ..would be a shame to have to use another
Old 03-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard

Calibre is the best. I only had to delete my configuration directory twice and then everything has been fine.

Small point:
Many settings/preferences are stored in the configuraton directory. When you get it working (and I know that you will) make a copy periodically and then you can just copy it back to have everything the way you want it.

Also if you find the directory by theducks method (which is the easiest but I assumed your calibre was frozen) First exit calibre, delete directory and restart calibre and it should just make a new configuration directory

Helen