Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #76
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
seriously, this thread is really off topic.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #77
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
Today is the 26th!!!
And this means that the M92B is available as of today!!!

I am so looking forward to getting my M92B!!!
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 06:55 AM   #78
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
@Mono
That's exactly what i'm moaning about:
It's easier to trick people, than to educate them and since making profit has taken rule over all aspects of the western societys and destroyed cultural values, education of the people is forbidden. Marketing is the key to success: exploitation of the human stupidity. Everything is sold today: from selling products to selling politics.

To come back on topic:
It's easier to make a cool looking eReader, than to explain the customer ergonomics on reading and why a not so cool looking greyish frame has a vastly superiour ergonomics for reading.

Look at the success of color eReaders. Easy on theyes reading, reading outdoors? No, the masses want colors.
Why are Hollywood movies such an insult to the intelligence? Because people are not interested in plausible intelligent stories, all they want is a colorful perfect presentation, no matter how insulting the story or characters are for intelligence.

The less educated the masses become, the less they want to learn, the more stupidity is demanded and not only the more politics is becoming a ridiculous theatre of bad actors, also the worse the quality of food or products are becoming.

The market for big eReaders already is not that big. But with uneducated masses judging mostly by the look, the eReader design is forced to compete with LCD-tablets, if the companys want to stay in business.

And certain popular internet blogs like goodereader, whose reviewers are stupid enough to compare eInk devices with color LCDs NOT outside or in sunlight, but are stating that readers will want the hisres Retina-display are increasing the desinformation and confusion.
No wonder, that color-LCD-"readers" are a huge success, if people are kept that uninformed - and all a the cost, that the money of READERS is flowing into the market for LCD-devices.
And the producers are happy about that too, because they make more profit with the worse (for reading) LCD-technology.

Last edited by Defenderland; 03-26-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #79
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Unfortunately, I see the fast deteoration of our civilisation. At this speed we are done in a few years/decades. Stupidity and ingnorance rule the world.

Back to e-ink readers. To my opinion white frame of M92 is quite OK. It would be better, if it is few grades darker.

Grey or black frame creates the feeling the white of e-ink is whiter. I tested it on Kindle DX (gray frame) and M92 (white frame). Kindle seems to be a bit whiter than M92. But if you cut a paper frame to simulate a white frame on K DX then both displays are the same/comparable.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #80
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Unfortunately, I see the fast deteoration of our civilisation. At this speed we are done in a few years/decades. Stupidity and ingnorance rule the world.

Back to e-ink readers. To my opinion white frame of M92 is quite OK. It would be better, if it is few grades darker.

Grey or black frame creates the feeling the white of e-ink is whiter. I tested it on Kindle DX (gray frame) and M92 (white frame). Kindle seems to be a bit whiter than M92. But if you cut a paper frame to simulate a white frame on K DX then both displays are the same/comparable.
That is quite plausible, given that one's eyes adapt to environment brightness (and that Onyx is certainly not producing special displays for the black frame ).
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #81
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePlanetEarth View Post
Today is the 26th!!!
And this means that the M92B is available as of today!!!

I am so looking forward to getting my M92B!!!
It is not yet updated on the website as available.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #82
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
I'm waiting for some feedback, too (before placing my order).
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #83
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Moderator Notice
You may have noted that some posts have disappeared in this thread. This thread is on the main forum and discussions on politics or religion are inappropriate, unless related to e-books in general.

Political discussions are only allowed in the Politics and Religion forum. If you are interested in these topics, please review this thread.

Continue to debate politics here and this thread will be closed.

Last edited by dreams; 03-27-2012 at 12:17 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #84
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

it's updated to available now, woohoo

Last edited by FinancialWar; 03-26-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:42 PM   #85
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
it's updated to available now, woohoo
Hm - but the alternative stylus is not yet updated...

@Booxtor: forgotten, or delivery issue?
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #86
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I erased my very offtopic messsage. Sorry for poluting this thread.

Last edited by Mono; 03-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #87
ebookmania
Enthusiast
ebookmania began at the beginning.

Device: non
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defenderland View Post
I'm waiting for some feedback, too (before placing my order).
Me too waiting for feedback before placing my order.
ebookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #88
FinancialWar
Banned

the wait.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #89
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
You see, in our business (industrial machinery) I have seen companies with superior engineering go bankrupt one by one. Products that are well engineered are often too costly, the additional benefits that a customer gets from a great product over a "good enough" product are not enough. The is no payback for the extra cost.

What really matters is sales. What good is the perfect product when nobody wants to buy it? Marketing people have to make the final decisions on products, the focus must be on "what can I sell at what price". Engineers that try to be artists striving for perfection have ruined many a good company. If gimmicks are what sells, engineers HAVE TO design gimmicks.
I feel it for you.

For years, I have been using a Howtek D4000 drum scanner to scan my 4x5 slides and the results are not only fantastic, but surpasses the most high end digital camera such as 645D back.

However, drum scanner companies went bankrupted one by one, coz no one wants to mess around with mounting fluid, oil, and a 1000W machine that makes huge noise, weighing over 300kg and spending another 45 minutes to scan one 4x5 slide... The consumers went for quick CCD scanner, and eventually they all moved to DSLR such as 5d, 1ds, etc.

I still have this Howtek Drum scanner at my home..... and occasionally scan 4x5 slides.

I think consumers only want fine gimmicks, not technically superior *stuff*, they want a gimmick, and it must be built well too... lol, kinda contradicting if you may ask me.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:29 AM   #90
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)

It's getting nearer!!!
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote