Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #736
yin.
yin. began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Hm...... Is there any way to put the information FFDL collects as "Category" (which generally appears to be whatever fandoms the story is based on) into a custom column and then use the information from that custom column as part of file name generation?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #737
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
@yin - Yes. Filling a custom column you have defined is a feature of FFDL, and you can use custom columns in calibre template definitions, such as output file name.
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #738
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
Hi JimmXinu, I have a feature request:
Please when the plugin is downloading a long list of fics consolidate the "Confirm you are an adult" dialog so that I only have to confirm once. Or, even better, just let me set a global switch once and never be bothered ever again with that dialog.

Other than that I really love your plugin. I find myself reading more fanfic on my Kindle than I expected . Thanks for the hard work .
Old 08-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #739
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Tomorrow View Post
Or, even better, just let me set a global switch once and never be bothered ever again with that dialog.
Look in personal.ini. By default (or in 'View Default') you'll find:

Code:
[defaults]
## Some sites also require the user to confirm they are adult for
## adult content.  In commandline version, this should go in your
## personal.ini, not defaults.ini.
#is_adult:true
Uncomment "is_adult:true". Or copy it to your [defaults] section.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #740
Dylan Tomorrow
Connoisseur
Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylan Tomorrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Android smartphone w/ FBReader
@JimmXinu: Thanks! Now I feel foolish for not looking into the personal.ini before asking . Keep up the good work and I shall research more before I make another feature request .
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #741
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.6.4 - 06 Aug 2012
Fix for Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level Count Page setting.
Workaround for bad html in some story summaries on yourfanfiction.com.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #742
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

There's another user having Mac crashes. Trying to troubleshoot again.

Evamaria, please try the attached version and see if it works any better.

See the How do I install a plugin manually? section of this thread.

This is based on what I'd worked out with the previous user before other updates to their Mac system mysteriously fixed it.

If that doesn't work, please run calibre in debug mode (calibre-debug -g) in a command line/prompt window, try the plugin again and post the output from the command line/prompt window here along with the error text from the crash.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 08-27-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 08-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #743
evamaria
evamaria began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi Jim, I really appreciate your efforts - unfortunately, however, it didn't work. Here's the message I get in Terminal from the command line:

calibre-debug -g
Starting up...
Started up in 2.20 seconds with 917 books
Segmentation fault

I've attached the problem report I get from my system because it's so long.

-Evamaria
Attached Files
File Type: rtf calibre-debug.rtf (61.7 KB, 183 views)
Old 08-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #744
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Evamaria - I updated the version attached to the earlier post for you to try again, plus attached another version.

I don't expect FanFictionDownLoader.zip to work any better, but I'm hoping it will tell me where it's crashing.

ffdl-noconfigabout.zip removes a couple menu options that I'd thought where the source of the problem last time.

Please try both and post the same output as last time.

Thanks.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #745
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Version 1.6.4 - 06 Aug 2012
Fix for Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level Count Page setting.
Thanks
Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #746
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@Firedancer885 - Sorry it took so long, actually. I checked it in for the next version not realizing it would be quite that long.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #747
Firedancer885
Occassional Beta Tester
Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.Firedancer885 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@Firedancer885 - Sorry it took so long, actually. I checked it in for the next version not realizing it would be quite that long.
No problem, used the separate count pages in the meantime.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #748
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hey Jimm, this is just a suggestion but you might want to consider linking to [Device Plugin] Kindle 2, 3, 4, Touch Device Interface MBP Update Mod somewhere in the original post, for people who are facing the same problems I do (using a Kindle with your plugin).
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #749
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I can do that.

But did you ever talk to Kovid and company about patching that directly into calibre instead of a plugin?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #750
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
No, to be honest I didn't. I thought they would see the plugin and then decide on their own if it's really a feature they'd want to integrate directly. I might create a bug report at some point and just link them to the thread. Oh, and thanks for linking it!
Closed Thread