Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-30-2015, 06:26 AM   #1
KenMagee
Connoisseur
KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Paid Promotions - Do They Work?

I'd like to try some low cost paid advertising for the first book in my trilogy. BookBub at $200-$1,000 is out of my budget-zone, but I'm happy to try a few sites with more affordable fees.

Any recommendations? I'd be particularly interested in how much was invested and what results were achieved.

Thanks, Ken.
KenMagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:28 AM   #2
Nancy Fulda
I write stories.
Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nancy Fulda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Most people I've spoken with haven't had much luck with paid promotions. There will always be exceptions, but generally speaking you don't usually earn enough in sales to cover the cost of advertising.
Nancy Fulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #3
KenMagee
Connoisseur
KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KenMagee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
The only one I've tried so far is ereaderNews Today. It cost $15 and generated around 35 sales.
KenMagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
erzebet
Book Author
erzebet began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3162B - busted; Kindle 3G - still working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMagee View Post
The only one I've tried so far is ereaderNews Today. It cost $15 and generated around 35 sales.
I just entered their website and it costs between $150-200 depending on the price of the ebook.
I only tried one Fiverr gig until now, but it's to early to mention any results.
erzebet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advertising, author, promotions