Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Pelya - Book 3 of the Dralin Trilogy. John H. Carroll

"Pelya" is now available! Full length fantasy novel - Book 3 of the Dralin Trilogy and the 6th book set in the world of Ryallon.

Smashwords
Kobo
B&N
Amazon
Apple

Book 3 of the Dralin Trilogy:

At the age of nineteen, Pelya Jornin is a master of the sword. Her best friend, Lady Ebudae Pallon, has a talent in the arcane arts far beyond her age. The two young women have spent their youth exploring Dralin and ruins beneath the city.

Sir Imbra, a holy knight of the Goddess Reanna, has told Pelya since she was a child that he would one day need her help. That day has come as a new force in the city threatens the future of all.

Pelya has been raised within the Dralin City Guard since birth, but her position, and her life, is now in peril. Pelya’s father asks for help from someone who may be more dangerous than any other threat to his daughter.

Will Pelya’s sword arm be enough to battle a force beyond anything she’s seen? Will Ebudae’s power overcome the might of potent magic? In a city filled with despair, can the hopes and efforts of such talented individuals win the day?

The Dralin Trilogy is a dark, swords-and-sorcery fantasy series following the lives of a few unusual individuals as they desperately try to survive in the sinister city of Dralin.

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-24-2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: fixed image and fixed link
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pelya is now available on Amazon.
ebook: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AM4IGO6
paperback: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1479383198
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Out of the two trilogies, which do you favour?
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
John Carroll
kookoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Out of the two trilogies, which do you favour?
Tough question. The Willden was my first and will always be dear to my heart. However, I learned a great deal about the craft of writing in the process and the quality of the Dralin Trilogy is better.

As far as which I favour, I would say the Dralin Trilogy. Ebudae has become my favorite character in any of my books. She's delightfully wicked. I learned a lot about myself while writing this trilogy too.

I like the humor in the Willden Trilogy better though. *sigh* It's just so difficult to decide.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I thought it might be an interesting question.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I've read both the Willden trilogy and Dralin. Both are good, but I agree with John that the writing in Dralin has improved considerably. I also liked following Ebudae and Pelya.

To me personally it feels like Dralin is skewed towards a somewhat older audience The Willden Trilogy felt a bit childish at times, but I liked it all the same

Can't wait to see what your next book will be John.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
John Carroll
kookoo

Hi thinkpad,

My earlier writing did tend to be a bit immature. It was like I was writing from my teenage brain, and I still have some of that quality to my writing. I don't fully understand it. With everything I write, I get better though.

The next book is going to resume with Liselle and Vevin 9 months after the events of the Willden Trilogy. I'm nearly halfway through with the first draft. It'll probably be out in summer.

Thank you for reading.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
John Carroll
kookoo

Pelya is finally available on B&N. Link in the first post. Also, the first book in the series, Dralin, is now free there and everywhere too. Enjoy!

All my best,

John
Old 01-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I will make sure my sister picks up Dralin. I hope you get a big turnout
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good Luck With it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
John Carroll
kookoo

I hope she likes it, thinkpad. You might like to know that the book I'm writing now continues Pelya's story. I'm about 55,000 words into it and should have the first draft done this month and the final version done by June or July.

Thank you, Kenny. It's got a good start.

Tags
dralin trilogy, fantasy, ryallon, willden trilogy