Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Mmm, that's a good point.

There's a few more info there, but in german :
http://www.lesen.net/ereader/bookeen...-im-test-5516/
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #17
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
As far as I can tell the front light Odyssey seems to be on sale everywhere but North America
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #18
BibboTheGreat
BibboTheGreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Mmm, that's a good point.

There's a few more info there, but in german :
http://www.lesen.net/ereader/bookeen...-im-test-5516/
The rendering of PDF files doesn't look good at all.
I had a contact with the Bookeen and they told me that the "fault" is of the guy in Lesen.net
I quote their message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookeenTeam View Post
the guy in germany did wrong on the pdf because he mixed up between the arrow on the screen(not doing anything on the touch) and the management of the PDF.
I will try to come back to you on this in detail but I can tell you it's pretty efficient feature!
What do you think about? It would be very pity, because there is the PDF reflow function! (I will show you how it works if you are interested, I have pics from Bookeen)
BibboTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #19
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Someone in the German forum (which belongs to lesen.net) also says the PDF reflow is good: http://www.e-reader-forum.de/ebook-r...nd/#post104738
I did not bother to test it so far since I do not read PDFs, I just have EPUBs on my Bookeen Frontlight.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
BibboTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Someone in the German forum (which belongs to lesen.net) also says the PDF reflow is good: http://www.e-reader-forum.de/ebook-r...nd/#post104738
I did not bother to test it so far since I do not read PDFs, I just have EPUBs on my Bookeen Frontlight.
I wish to use the eReader above all in ePub format, but I have got several PDF manuals and I need the reflow. I tried to convert with Calibre but it didn't do a good job, unfortunately. And there is material on line for my work just in PDF, for this reason for me is a little important.
Unfortunately I don't know the German language and the Google/Bing translators didn't help me much. Would you translate me the most important things for me? I didn't understand if the buttons (to turn the pages) are stable or if they "squeak", for example.
I upload a few pictures that an assistant of Bookeen sent me to compare the PDF visual and the reflow.
the page of a magazine:

and its respective reflow:

other normal PDF visualizations pictures:

...and reflow:

I hope it was useful
In Italy there would be a bookstore, LaFeltrinelli, that should distribute the Bookeen readers. Unfortunately there is not a date yet and I won't have the possibility to touch with my hands before the purchase.

Last edited by BibboTheGreat; 11-22-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Here is a comperison photo of the Bookeen Frontlight and the Kobo Glo

Last edited by cme; 02-03-2014 at 06:07 PM.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #22
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Bibbo, the buttons don't squeak, they work pretty well. You can reverse them (change which one goes forward and which one backward), but again there is no option for the way more useful "both buttons go forward" (you still could use touch to go back).
I really don't understand why this is no standard feature since 99% of all clicks will be forward.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #23
sleepyDragon
sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!sleepyDragon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, Onxy Boox i86ML+
This would be indeed an option I could welcome.

Another point is the "sort by filename". I would like to see the filename because I have some series where the title does not include the order number.

The reading experience I will test on weekend.
sleepyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:41 AM   #24
BibboTheGreat

Quote:
@Bibbo, the buttons don't squeak, they work pretty well. You can reverse them (change which one goes forward and which one backward), but again there is no option for the way more useful "both buttons go forward" (you still could use touch to go back).
I really don't understand why this is no standard feature since 99% of all clicks will be forward.
What do you mean with "both buttons go forward"? Describe me please the situation
Old 11-23-2012, 04:50 AM   #25
WS64

@Bibbo, I change hands all the time, and whatever hand holds the reader should be able to page forward. Without having to go to the menu and reverse the settings, so I want both buttons to page forward. In the rare occasion I need to page backwards I still can use the touch to do so.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #26
BibboTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyDragon View Post
This would be indeed an option I could welcome.

Another point is the "sort by filename". I would like to see the filename because I have some series where the title does not include the order number.

The reading experience I will test on weekend.
Do you have the Cybook HD in your hands right?
Can I ask you to make particular test please?
God, I am not sure yet. Cybook or Paperwhite 3G?
Old 11-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #27
WS64

I have the Cybook here.
If the test includes PDFs I am out...
Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I'm quite interested too. I let Orizon and 1st Odyssey pass, never had a touch screen yet and now with light. I wonder how capacitive screen will work with light though.
Works just fine on the Kindle Paperwhite.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #29
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Works just fine on the Kindle Paperwhite.
It works way better on the Bookeen than on the Kobo Touch (without Glow).
I can easily select a word, on the Kobo I nearly always miss it at first.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #30
BibboTheGreat

Quote:
I have the Cybook here.
If the test includes PDFs I am out...
Which Cybook you've got? Because you don't have reflow? I wanna understand if reflow works slow while I browse the pages of the PDF.
And a question about the use of the dictionaries.
I know the dictionary system of the Cybook Odyssey is open dictionary, from wiktionary. Can you tell me if I touch a word like "goes", "dogs", or "taught", does the Cyboo recognize the original form automatically like in a Kindle? Are they easy to use? A sort of list of Pros and Cons of this system?
Thank you