Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2016, 03:39 AM   #1
Mewit
Mewit began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Keeping Kindle awake and using crontab

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a stupid set of questions, I'm pretty new to this.

I'm trying to get my Kindle to work as a display, like described here. Things went ok at first and I copied the display-weather.sh script to /usr/bin. But then when I run that script in putty it gives me this error:
line 16: lipc-set-prop: not found
The original code was written for a Kindle 3, is that what's breaking it? Do I need another command to keep the Kindle awake? Or is it not actually broken, it just appears that way when run from putty?

My second question is about setting up a cron job. There doesn't appear to be a /etc/crontab folder on this Kindle. Do I make that folder, and will it work correctly when I do?

Thanks a lot,
Alex
Mewit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crontab, kindle 4, shell script, wake up