Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Kindle PC

I am having problems with my Kindle for PC.

Every time I try and sync it freezes and then closes. I really don't want to download the app again since I download to the app and then transfer to my Kindle when ready to read.

I am not have problems with any other program on my computer.
I have Win7 professional with Hughesnet internet. Everything is up to date. I have tried disabling my anti-virus but that did not help.

I have MS Security Essentials, Malware Bytes & Super Anti-Spyware. All have been disabled and tried the app still locked up.

I would email Amazon but when ever I have a problem they always tell me to delete the app and download it and all books again. This is hard with having Hughesnet internet. I have a specific amount of bandwidth and if I go over my internet is throttled down to dial-up speed or slower for 2 days. I only download books or sync between 2-8 am. Is it possible to have to many books in the Kindle app?

Any suggestions?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
In this case, removing the application and then downloading and installing the newest version does sound like the best option. Don't remove the downloaded books from your PC; the new version could maybe just pick them up again, saving you that download.

Is there no possibility to switch internet providers? I don't want to criticize, as I don't know your situation, but bandwidth limitation sound so... 1998 in this day and age. (At least, in the Western world countries.)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I will try deleting the app. Okay if I delete the app from the control panel will the books still be in my c drive?

As for changing internet no. I live in the country it is either Hughesnet or dialup. On a clear night between midnight and about 4 am I am able to get cellular internet if I stand outside.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
I will try deleting the app. Okay if I delete the app from the control panel will the books still be in my c drive?
The books are in your Documents folder, in My Kindle Content. I'd advise to make a copy of that folder somewhere. Should the de-installation of the program wipe the books of the drive, you can put them back before you start the application the first time.

Quote:
As for changing internet no. I live in the country it is either Hughesnet or dialup. On a clear night between midnight and about 4 am I am able to get cellular internet if I stand outside.
Pity. I don't envy you

It would be best if you save downloaded applications on your computer somewhere, so you can remove and reinstall a program without redownloading it.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Use the uninstall option that comes with the K4PC. It is right there in the start menu, along with K4PC.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Every time I try and sync it freezes and then closes. I really don't want to download the app again since I download to the app and then transfer to my Kindle when ready to read.
This won't work for DRMed ebooks. Every kindle device and application uses a different encryption key for each book. You can't just move the books from Kindle for PC to a physical Kindle.

But perhaps you're already a friend of Apprentice Alf?

Personally, I keep my Kindle ebooks safely de-drmed in calibre, so I can easily copy them to any device I want to read them on. And so I only need to download new books through my Kindle for Mac, so deleting and reinstalling isn't a big issue for me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I find when it acts like this it's a corrupted book file not the actually AZW book but those other files like page numbers. I don't know why it happens but when it does you have to located the bad book and it's files and delete them and then K4PC will act right again.

It happens mostly with KDP books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote