Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-15-2021, 02:56 AM   #466
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbangles View Post
NO NO NO. Do not upgrade BoschBabe. It will all break. I get error messages right left and center now.
Honestly, if you are getting error messages "right left and center", then you are doing something wrong. Calibre version 5 has been stable for a long time. I use it heavily with a lot of plugins. I don't get errors except when I do something stupid. You error above is almost definitely something interfering. You would have gotten the same error with older versions of calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:06 PM   #467
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
There's a new version posted which fixes errors when sending massive books. I didn't consider massive books when spinning up threads for each content file, this version uses a process pool to limit how many children there can be.

This version also removes Python 2 compatibility, so you'll need calibre 5.0.0 or above.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 03:46 AM   #468
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Hi all, I have this book that I can't convert to kepub. I'm running Calibre version 5.23 and plugin version 3.5.1. Reading the log it's not clear to me what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks!

Log here
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 08:15 AM   #469
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlob View Post
Hi all, I have this book that I can't convert to kepub. I'm running Calibre version 5.23 and plugin version 3.5.1. Reading the log it's not clear to me what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks!

Log here
The error is that the book, or at least one of the file in it, already as the Kobo spans in it. An error is thrown when that is processed, and it is not being handled properly. With the previous version of the plugin, this was being ignored. It is erroring on file "Section-0001.xhtml". Can you check if the spans exist in that file?
Old 07-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #470
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version posted, fixing an issue with exceptions being thrown in subprocesses when functions should have simply returned instead.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:52 PM   #471
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
New version posted, fixing an issue with exceptions being thrown in subprocesses when functions should have simply returned instead.
I couldn't decide if they should be changed to returns, or throw more specific exceptions so that they could be handled if necessary.

Also, neither this or the previous version of the plugins were picked up by calibre. @chaley commented that he thought it was the indirection of the version number as the plugin checker was not handling that. I don't see any recent changes to that, so I don't know why it is not working now.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:52 PM   #472
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The error is that the book, or at least one of the file in it, already as the Kobo spans in it. An error is thrown when that is processed, and it is not being handled properly. With the previous version of the plugin, this was being ignored. It is erroring on file "Section-0001.xhtml". Can you check if the spans exist in that file?
Yes, spans exist in the file. Thanks.
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:12 AM   #473
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Forma
Having a really strange problem with converting to kepub. I switched to having my TEMP folder (with environment variables TEMP and TMP) on a RAMDrive with 4GB capacity. Converting to kepub would always fail. Switching back to a TEMP folder on C: resolved the issue.
There's over 2GB of free space on the RAMDrive. Any thoughts?

-EDIT- I've been able to set a different dir for Calibre as an environment variable (CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR) which works. Still unsure why converting to KEPUB was failing when converting to EPUB, LIT etc. was working fine.

Last edited by Minotaur; 08-01-2021 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Workaround found
Minotaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:01 AM   #474
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Having a really strange problem with converting to kepub. I switched to having my TEMP folder (with environment variables TEMP and TMP) on a RAMDrive with 4GB capacity. Converting to kepub would always fail. Switching back to a TEMP folder on C: resolved the issue.
There's over 2GB of free space on the RAMDrive. Any thoughts?

-EDIT- I've been able to set a different dir for Calibre as an environment variable (CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR) which works. Still unsure why converting to KEPUB was failing when converting to EPUB, LIT etc. was working fine.
Can you post a log from when it failed? I can't think of a reason it would not work, but, the log might tell me.
Old 08-02-2021, 02:40 AM   #475
Minotaur
Enthusiast
Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.Minotaur can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Can you post a log from when it failed? I can't think of a reason it would not work, but, the log might tell me.
Error log attached. This was converting a kepub to a kepub. Quitting Calibre, changing CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR to a dir on my SSD and retrying the same conversion worked perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kepub output error.txt (16.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-02-2021, 09:26 PM   #476
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
Error log attached. This was converting a kepub to a kepub. Quitting Calibre, changing CALIBRE_TEMP_DIR to a dir on my SSD and retrying the same conversion worked perfectly.
The last few lines of the log are:

Code:
  File "concurrent\futures\thread.py", line 57, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.kepubout.container", line 174, in __flush_cache_impl
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\polish\container.py", line 1033, in commit_item
OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'R:\\TEMP\\calibre_fqq_t_ua\\1o_yka___epub_container\\text\\part0020.html'
At first glance, there doesn't seem to be a problem with that. It looks like a valid path with escaped backslashes. But, Python tends to like forward slashes. It should be the same no matter the location as the same code path is used. I'll have to experiment. How did you created the RAMDrive? It's been years since I have used one.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:13 PM   #477
Minotaur
Enthusiast

Quote:
The last few lines of the log are:

At first glance, there doesn't seem to be a problem with that. It looks like a valid path with escaped backslashes. But, Python tends to like forward slashes. It should be the same no matter the location as the same code path is used. I'll have to experiment. How did you created the RAMDrive? It's been years since I have used one.
I used the Radeon RAMDisk Config Utility. I've just confirmed that the Ramdisk is formatted to NTFS - thought for a sec that maybe it had formatted to something else.
It's definitely not filing up so it's not erroring due to a disk full issue.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:46 PM   #478
tamarissa
Connoisseur
tamarissa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kepub Output Only: conversions not working...

I have an ePub file that won't convert to kePub at all... it does convert to AZW, MOBI, etc.

I have also tried converting from the other files I was able to create; that often is my workaround from AZW files to kePub (they're often troublesome), but nothing will create a kePub.

I've attached both the details in the failure to convert notice as well as the debug reports for the failed conversions. This is for both starting from the ePub file and from the AZW file.

As far as I am aware, everything is up to date; there are no update alerts in Calibre, but I don't know if any of these required plugins needs manual updates.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Convert from .azw to .kepub - Debug Mode.txt (78.9 KB, 120 views)
File Type: rtf Convert from .azw to .kepub.rtf (12.5 KB, 115 views)
File Type: txt Convert from .epub to .kepub - Debug Mode.txt (72.1 KB, 126 views)
File Type: rtf Convert from .epub to .kepub.rtf (11.9 KB, 111 views)
tamarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:41 AM   #479
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarissa View Post
I have an ePub file that won't convert to kePub at all... it does convert to AZW, MOBI, etc.

I have also tried converting from the other files I was able to create; that often is my workaround from AZW files to kePub (they're often troublesome), but nothing will create a kePub.

I've attached both the details in the failure to convert notice as well as the debug reports for the failed conversions. This is for both starting from the ePub file and from the AZW file.

As far as I am aware, everything is up to date; there are no update alerts in Calibre, but I don't know if any of these required plugins needs manual updates.
The error message you posted says there's an unknown field "#kobo". I'm not sure where you may have set that or may be referencing it, maybe take a look through the plugin settings.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:48 AM   #480
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version 3.5.3 posted, uses calibre's smartyPants() to smarten punctuation instead of stupidly regexing the HTML