Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #1
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 2, Samsung A5 2017
send comments to Appentice Alf

Does anyone know how to send comments to Apprentice Alf? He has made available a new version, which only partly works for me, and I would like to send comments to him. It doesn't appear that I can comment on his Wordpress entries and I don't know how to comment on Github.
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarscadden View Post
Does anyone know how to send comments to Apprentice Alf? He has made available a new version, which only partly works for me, and I would like to send comments to him. It doesn't appear that I can comment on his Wordpress entries and I don't know how to comment on Github.
You have to go read the comments to find out what to do to make the plugin work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Oops, I am an idiot.

While I may have installed it right in so far as Calibre is concerned, I didn't actually install it right, since I installed it on a system that doesn't have Kindle - I just tranferred the downloaded books from the system they were downloaded on and so of cource deDRM couldn't find the key.

When I actually exported the key from the system with Kindle (with calibre 4.23 and v6.8) and imported it to the system with Calibre 5.5 and v7.0.0, then it actually worked.

So JSWolf, while your reply didn't actually 'help', it of course helped in that it made me go back and check stuff, to find my stupid error. So thanks!

Last edited by kcarscadden; 11-25-2020 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:51 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Comments at Alf's blog seem to get replies, most often from the marvellous Laura.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:46 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
You need to create a free Github account to comment on Github.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #6
kcarscadden
Zealot

Thanks pdurrant, Quoth.

I doubt he wants success from everyone so now I don't have anything to report. I am glad your comments didn't come until after I had corrected my stupid mistake.