Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-24-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Formatting in longtext columns

I noticed that the usual formatting shortcuts (Ctrl+I italics, Ctrl+B bold) don't work when typing something into a WYSIWYG longtext column. Is this intend?

I believe one of the comments cleaner plugins has a markdown converter, so I can look into that.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I, and Ctrl+U work for me. Do you see this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-25 082559.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	183586

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see it. For some reason the shortcuts won't activate for me.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do they work on the Comments column in Metadata Edit ?

And are you sure the column has HTML in the Interpret this column as: field

BR
Old 11-24-2020, 05:09 PM   #5
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was trying to use it in the comments column itself.
Advert
Old 11-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Hmmm, they also work for me in Comments - unsurprisingly.

Have you tried in a fresh install of Portable - if that doesn't work then it could be an external program eating the key sequences, in which case try Windows Safe mode.

BR
Old 11-24-2020, 06:14 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Ok so I did some testing and found the cause:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1905479
Old 11-24-2020, 09:07 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Good catch.

FWIW: my MDE layout is Default so that's why it was okay for me, and since I don't use MDE, its different Layouts didn't occur to me as possible cause.

BR