Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-16-2023, 09:33 PM   #46
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by un_pogaz View Post
Okay... craps.
I can said that 'Comments Cleaner' has runned completly without flaw.
So whatever is blocking Calibre is most likely out of my hands and not 'Comments Cleaner.'

I can try to help you, but it will be hasardous and without guarantee.
  1. I advise you to uninstall all third-party plugins.
  2. Install only 'Comments Cleaner' and perform a test.
  3. Install a new plugin, restart Calibre and redo a test.
  • If after the addition of a new plugin, the test of Comments Cleaner lock Calibre, note the name, uninstal them, and instal the next plugin on the list.

When we find out which other plugin is in conflict, I'll be able to help you better, but you'll probably have to talk to the plugin author directly.

IF Calibre will lock with only 'Comments Cleaner' instaled, then it's a Calibre problem. That a other level and you should open a new thread/bug report to specifically talk about this and find the root of the problem.

List of you other plugin instaled:
  • DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
  • Clean Comments (0, 2, 1)
  • Count Pages (1, 13, 2)
  • Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 4, 0)
  • Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4)
  • Goodreads (1, 7, 9)
  • Job Spy (1, 0, 239)
  • Kobo Books (1, 9, 2)
  • Quality Check (1, 13, 6)
  • Reading List (1, 15, 1)
  • Resize Cover (1, 2, 0)
  • Search The Internet (1, 10, 1)

Also, a see you have 'Clean Comments' (by Terisa de morgan) instaled too: If this one lock Calibre too or not? If Calibre lock too, is still usefull to test the instalation of others plugin to know the real source of the problem.
Apparently the problem is on MacOs, a friend also told me that when using the plugin Calibre crashes.
I asked him to do the steps you mentioned.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 04:01 AM   #47
un_pogaz
Chalut o/
un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.un_pogaz understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo
Calibre 7 arrive right aroud the corner, so I present the pre-release of Comments Cleaner that now support Category Notes cleanning (ammong many other thing)
You can download the beta version on the Github page.
Note that this version is for Calibre 5 and above.
un_pogaz is offline   Reply With Quote