Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
Calibre to iPad (1st Gen) Sticky read

Hello folks,

Finally, I can use iPad to read the books. The new Adobe reader has highlighting support which is exactly what I wanted (for free).

Now the question is, how do I send books from my laptop to iPad on same wi-fi network. I went through the sticky and it involves iTunes. I avoid iTunes like plague and whatever books I have already transferred through iTunes, all have messed up names.

So is there any way that I can copy the books to iPad just using wi-fi and read it using Adobe reader?

Thanks in advance.
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You should ask Apple.
They walled the garden so you would have to use iTunes if you want to push content to the device.

The Calibre content Server Might be a (pull) solution if Apple will allow you to save web downloaded files.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You should ask Apple.
They walled the garden so you would have to use iTunes if you want to push content to the device.
Ha, Apple !! Use the worst curse word you know here. iPad, WORST purchase of my life. If Apple could, it would make money out of a corpse. Have moved on to Android EcoSystem and VERY HAPPY with it but since this was collecting dust, thought might as well use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Calibre content Server Might be a (pull) solution if Apple will allow you to save web downloaded files.
Has anyone written How-to for this one?
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhammer View Post
Ha, Apple !! Use the worst curse word you know here. iPad, WORST purchase of my life. If Apple could, it would make money out of a corpse. Have moved on to Android EcoSystem and VERY HAPPY with it but since this was collecting dust, thought might as well use it.

Has anyone written How-to for this one?
I have no clue why there is so little in the calibre online help (user guide) about the content server (GUI) interface
Use the Calibre Connect/Share Icon (or Preference) to setup the server (port config) Pay attention to the Red note on the form.
Start the server (Calibre must be left running to use)

The user end (on the device) is your browser. you enter the IP:port into the location bar on your browser (ex http://192.168.0.11:8081/ )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....reading-device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert