Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Any Read-Aloud Apps for *Reader* (Not Tablet)?

Hello. My PE would have been a brick faster than Quikrete can dry if not for this forum, because there are almost *too* many things that can be done with it. It's the nicest time-waster around However, I would like it specifically to do three things, none of which I'm sure it can do: 1) Read PDFs aloud in the reader; and 2) read foreign language PDFs; and maybe even 3) allow you to highlight and translate at the same time.

I've gotten referrals to software that allows read-aloud on the tablet side, but these seem to carry monthly subscription fees. I wouldn't mind a one-time-only app purchase. If you're all laughing by now, I just want to thank this forum for even existing. I couldn't get Youtube until I upgraded to Ermine, and now I'm watching it all the time.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #2
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
i'm a huge TTS person. i've tried many apps. moonreader+ is the best for functionality, but i don't think they support pdf... not sure. i use it to read epub. you'll have to check for pdf.

for foreign language, try speaklip; it has a lot of options, so watch it's quick video on the market to get the idea.

may also want to trying talking clipboard or clipboard voice. former free, latter $0.99.

good TTS voices are SVOX. i have ivona on desktop and those are amazing but i was never able to get it to install in the PE.
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Ha. This is what I call, in my hometown newspaper, "third generation internet-speak." I do not understand a single acronym of your response except for the "PE." (However, I do get the gist of it and will translate, and Thanks from a-- A-- I think I'll create a new acronym: Thanks from an IOS (Internet, Original Series).
Old 01-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
TTS = Text To Speech,
SVOX = embedded speech technology company.
Ivona = Text To Speech voice.

Last edited by Edward_R; 01-14-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: typo
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Google is your friend...
Here are a couple sites for acronyms LOL (laugh out loud BTW by the way) Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
http://www.techterms.com/category/acronyms
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired

Thanks... Tom Cervo?