Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
dso371
Enthusiast
dso371 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
Help, please! Can't connect to network following repair

Hi all, I'm in desperate need of help with my Iliad.

I sent it off to Irex for repair - the screen had to be replaced.

It came back with a nice new screen, reflashed to 2.12, but now I cannot connect to any network: every attempt says 'unsuccessful'. Wired at home, wireless at home - no way. Wireless at work, wired at work - no way.

My ticket to Irex has got no response. My phone call got nowhere.

The thing is, I only want to get shell access so I can reinstall my software - emelFM2, ipdf, etc. But I can't get the developer package unless I can connect to the network.

I wish Irex would make the package available without having to connect to the network, e.g. via a download on my PC.

I have no idea what to do. All my profile settings are correct. Everything else works. I just can't connect.

Help, please - I'd be most grateful.

David
dso371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
dso371
Enthusiast
dso371 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
update to my question

When I got my repaired Iliad back and logged into Myirex from my PC to request the developer package, I saw that my MAC address was no longer there. I have no idea why it disappeared.

Could this be the reason I get the 'unsuccessful' message every time I try to connect via the Iliad? I've asked Irex to register the MAC again.

Thanks.
dso371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
It should register itself the first time you connect. By itself, it won't prevent you from connecting.

Maybe they gave you a new unit instead of replacing the screen, and this one has a different MAC? That would explain why they took the old MAC off of your account.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote