Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 03:30 AM   #2866
gerhaher
Enthusiast
gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!gerhaher goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Ever since updating my KA1 to one of the more recent firmwares (4.4.9298), when I press on a word to look it up in a dictionary in KOreader, it no longer works. It simply gives me a message about there being no definition for that entry, even when I know that there most definitely is.

Had hoped that the most recent Kobo FW would right that wrong. Unfortunately, not.

I have tried various nightly builds of KOreader. Have tried reinstalling KOreader. Have tried reinstalling the dictionaries... All to no avail.

When I press dictionary settings, the names of the dictionaries show up. So they are there, but non-functional for some reason.

The exact same dictionaries work just perfectly on my original 6" Aura running FW 3.19.5761. They also used to work on my KA1 when I was running older firmware with the old homescreen.

Not sure what has changed or if anything can be done about it. I would like to keep the new firmware on my KA1 because of the better accuracy it provides when running Nickel which I need to do for reading in Japanese. But I miss the lookup capabilities of KOreader when it comes to Chinese.
Can't help you, but here is my little story:

Same thing happened to me a week ago with my KA1, when I decided to update nickel (I believe it was 4.6.9960) but made a mistake and pressed "install update" instead of "install partial update". So I had to reinstall KSM8. After that I had this dictionary issue.

To cut a long story short, I finally made a factory reset. Nickel version 4.5.9587 was installed automatically. And then I reinstalled KSM8 and KOReader. Now the dictionaries work.

Last edited by gerhaher; 10-17-2017 at 03:36 AM.
gerhaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #2867
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I posted an sdcv binary here that's been reported to work: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-336899689

I'm still having some trouble properly wrapping that up, so it can't be made part of the official nightlies quite yet.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 05:50 PM   #2868
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
Thanks Frenzie..

Just tested it, works perfectly.

John Feole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:41 PM   #2869
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I posted an sdcv binary here that's been reported to work: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ment-336899689

I'm still having some trouble properly wrapping that up, so it can't be made part of the official nightlies quite yet.
Thanks. Much appreciated. However, not quite sure what to do with the file.

Where does the extracted file go?

Thanks.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:09 PM   #2870
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, figured it out. Looked inside the KOreader folder and replaced the existing sdvc file with the new one.

Seems to be working fine. Once again, many thanks!!

Advert
Old 10-17-2017, 11:16 PM   #2871
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerhaher View Post
To cut a long story short, I finally made a factory reset. Nickel version 4.5.9587 was installed automatically. And then I reinstalled KSM8 and KOReader. Now the dictionaries work.
Thanks for your input. Was very nearly tempted to downgrade and follow your example, but then I saw that Frenzie's fix had worked for others and thought I might try it.

Worked a treat on my KA1, once I discovered where to put the sdcv file that is. Not all that tech savvy, I'm afraid. But it worked, and now I don't have to reinstall everything.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:32 AM   #2872
CH23
Bottom Text
CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CH23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Glo HD
Is it possible to have different screensavers between sleep mode and when turning off the device?
I've mimicked the kobo off and sleep screens, but as koreader doesn't seem to differentiate between turning off (long press power button) or sleep mode (short press power button), it always shows one at random.

EDIT:
is there somewhere in the code a variable specified between suspend or poweroff mode?

I plan to modify screensaver.lua to look for a specific filename if suspend, and another if poweroff.

Code:
        if screensaver_path then
            local mode = lfs.attributes(screensaver_path, "mode")
            if mode ~= nil then
                if mode == "directory" then
                    self.left_msg = createWidgetFromFile(screensaver_path/$screensavertype".png")
                else
                    self.left_msg = createWidgetFromFile(screensaver_path)
                end
            end
i want to use the (hopefully already) defined suspend or poweroff where i have $screensavertype now.

Last edited by CH23; 11-15-2017 at 09:09 AM.
CH23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:45 AM   #2873
bhgmdgk
bhgmdgk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
For people with slow start-up/slow first dictionary access: I had the same problem. It seems it was due to a dictionary containing thousands of small images. I simply deleted the images from the dictionary and now everything is fine (I don’t know what would happen if I tried to access an entry which uses one of those images, I didn’t encounter that situation yet).
bhgmdgk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #2874
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The dictionary display in KOReader doesn't support images for the moment, so presumably nothing whatsoever. Thanks for the report!
Old 11-19-2017, 02:59 AM   #2875
G.I.R
G.I.R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Exclamation It has been a while

Hi there!

I have a Kobo H20 and a friend installed Koreader for me ... so now i haven't picked that thing up in a long time and yesturday when I did it wanted a Update. so i did the update and now I can't get back into KSM
my software version is 4.6.9995 now

also all the png files in nickel don't work anymore.

Now there's me trying to make sense of alle the postings here and github and koreader wiki
(already very proud about me )

BUT I still need coz all the "code" stuff is sorta chinese for me (looks pretty but it's an own language)

is there a dummy-version anywhere?
1. connect your device with usb cable
2. open "xyz" folder...

etc. ?!?

I don't now if it's a bug coz of the update, or if i did something i shouldn't have. Just how can i fix this?
G.I.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:20 AM   #2876
Frenzie
Wizard

@G.I.R
KOReader is probably fine, just unreachable. You'll need to re-apply the KSM installation instructions written down here. On a new firmware like that, you'll also need this patch (mentioned in the KSM post; read it carefully).

For additional reference: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
Old 11-19-2017, 05:25 AM   #2877
G.I.R
G.I.R began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
THNX, next Problem:

KSM is upside down when I exit from nickel
But i guess it's a bug quite a few 1.Generation Kobo H20 users are having. And it has nothing to do with Wifi on or off, happens on both occasions.

but at least I can use koreader again so I'm sorta happy in my upside world
G.I.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #2878
Frenzie
Wizard

I think the patch is supposed to take care of that?
Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 PM   #2879
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Not for me, Fenzie. Installed KSM and Koreader for the first time every on a 1st Gen H20 running 4.6.9995, including the patch, and it still happens.

I haven't noticed any pattern to when it does. Sometimes it happens when it exiting Nickle, sometimes not. Sometimes when clicking a menu item within KSM, sometimes not.

The only thing that's reliable is that if I reboot KSM from within KSM using the "Reboot" menu item, it's fixed. Kinda hard to hit the button, though, since, while the display is flipped, the touch controls aren't, so I have to guess where to tap to reboot.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:28 PM   #2880
JFeole
Connoisseur
JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.JFeole solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo_Aura_H2O, Kobo_Aura_One, Kobo Sage
I want to switch over to using KOReader for reading epubs and all other file types. the only real reason i'm still using nickel is the ability to change the weights of my side loaded fonts easily via the patches..

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this with KOReader? like via config tweaks?

Thanks,
John Feole
JFeole is offline   Reply With Quote