Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Is there any issue with Kindle touch

I'm planning to buy a Kindle Touch. But since Amazon won't sell it to my country, I have to buy it by importing. Anyway, my main concern is: is there any known issue with Kindle Touch (such as screen).

I had a Sony PRS-300, and (like Amazon) Sony didn't sell it to my country either. Some times later, the screen starts to fade out until it was totally unreadable, I can't do anything about that, not even returning it to Sony reps here .

How about you, Kindle owners? Did your Kindle still works perfectly like when it was bought, assuming it wasn't handled very roughly? Any scary stories out there?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot: the broken Sony (and yes, it was turned on)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020057.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	257.2 KB
ID:	81166  
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I have had zero issues with my Touch.

Does your Sony fade indoors, or just outside? That was an issue with some of the older eink screens, including the Kindle 2.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Hi Jonimeesermann - my Kindle Touch (wifi without special offers) has worked perfectly since the day I bought it. I've had all sorts of ereaders and can say that the KT is my favorite.

Unfortunately there are lemons in all ereaders and there's always the possibility you'll get a bad one no matter which brand you buy, so you might as well go for the one you really want
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I have had zero issues with my Touch.

Does your Sony fade indoors, or just outside? That was an issue with some of the older eink screens, including the Kindle 2.
It fades indoor and outside. That's good to hear.
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
dbh2ppa
dbh2ppa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Ordered it from Costa Rica, not a single issue thus far. In any case, if you happen to get a lemon, amazon's customer service is pretty good, and I know there are some cases when they have paid for return shipping from abroad when it was their fault, though for that kind of treatment you really should call the CS line instead of going the email route.
dbh2ppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
JimKal
Zealot
JimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheeseJimKal can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad, iMac,iPhone, Kindle Touch
I've a mine for a month. One freeze fixed with a hard reboot. This is a very nice reader.
JimKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
One freeze up while browsing in the store. Other than that my KT has worked perfectly for me.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote