Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Kindle dx with duokan viewing PDF?

How well does duokan perform on Kindle dx? PDF reflow possible? TOC? My Onyx M90 is giving me headaches and I'd love to get myself a kindle see if it improves.

Purpose of reading: maximum PDF support.
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 AM   #2
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
PDF reflow and TOC is possible with Duokan. But it doesn't support non-Latin characters for reflow. You will be fine if you will mostly read english.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
PDF reflow and TOC is possible with Duokan. But it doesn't support non-Latin characters for reflow. You will be fine if you will mostly read english.
Thanks!

Is there any other software that allows non latin (Chinese) ?
Old 12-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
For PDFs,no. For mobis and epubs, yes. You can use coolreader for mobis and epubs with non latin characters. Also kindle software won't display them with firmware 2.5.8 but if you upgrade to 3.2.1 you can view mobis with non-latin characters.

By the way don't misunderstand, you can view pdfs with non-latin characters with duokan, only you can't reflow them.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
jian1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
For PDFs,no. For mobis and epubs, yes. You can use coolreader for mobis and epubs with non latin characters. Also kindle software won't display them with firmware 2.5.8 but if you upgrade to 3.2.1 you can view mobis with non-latin characters.

By the way don't misunderstand, you can view pdfs with non-latin characters with duokan, only you can't reflow them.
Sounds good... maybe I should've got kindle instead of Onyx M90, I only read PDF books....
Advert
Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
citron
citron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
re:

I ordered refurbished Kindle DXG for 250USD which which seems to be good deal (market price in Europe is around 500USD) and Im searching some tips for better PDF handling. I have read many articles about the DXG hacks.

Im missing 5 important features:
1) PDF TOC
2) PDF reflow
3) Directories
4) PDF highlighting
5) ePub
possible RSS feeds (Google reader)

Can you please help me to find some hack which enable most of the features above and possible sequence of software installing? Are there any hidden complications? There are possibilities:

1) Install Duokan_0_5_13_8942__2011_05_20
2) Install unofficial update software for Kindle DXG - update_kindle_3.2.1.bin
3) Install CoolReader 3

Thanks
citron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
citron
citron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
re:

There are 3 possibilities:

1)