Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 10:39 PM   #91
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere here but Staples is having a sale on the ipad mini 4 128g ($299) this week.. Sale ends on 8/19. Only space gray is left but for $100 off who cares. it looks like other models are on sale too but only $40 or $50 off.

Thanks to my sister for starting her Christmas shopping today and letting me know about the sale since she knew I was looking to replace my mini 2 32g. My order confirmation says mine will be arriving next Thursday.

https://www.staples.com/Apple-iPad-m...I-128GB-Space-
Gray/product_1911622
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Echo Sale

* Amz Echo --> $100 (reg $180)

* Amz Tap --> $100 (reg $130)

* Echo Dot --> $45 (reg $50)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-24-2017 at 07:27 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Amazon Echo Sale at QVC -- limited time
  • $74.95 -- Amazon Echo + 3 Audible Books + 2 mo Amazon Music Unlimited

Amazon Echo Speaker w/ 2-months Music Unlimited & 3 Audible Books Voucher
Quote:
Update: This slick deal is back in stock

QVC.com has Amazon Echo Speaker w/ 2-months Amazon Music Unlimited & 3 Audible Books Voucher Bundle on sale for $74.95 or Less (more info in the note). Shipping is free.

Note, you may save an additional $5 off your first order w/ code FIVE4U valid for New Customers only. You may pay the full price or opt in for 5 Easy Pays of $14.99.

Includes
* Amazon Echo Speaker
* 3 Audible Audio Books Voucher
* 2-months Amazon Music Unlimited Voucher (3-months for new subscribers)
* 1-Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-05-2017 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:19 AM   #94
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
WOW! I don't think I need another one, but wow!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 08:28 AM   #95
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
WOW! I don't think I need another one, but wow!
Yup. I wish I could justify it. The deal knocks the effective price of the Echo down to about $50 for me, discounting the Audible books and assigning no value at all to Amazon Music; that puts it into Dot territory for a much nicer device. I'd like another Alexa device but I don't need one.

Well, I'll think about it and maybe it will go out of stock and the decision will be made for me!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 08:40 AM   #96
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a sucker. I bought one. I might turn around and sell it on ebay, keeping the credits for audio and music, of course. Or I might give it MIL for Christmas.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:48 AM   #97
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Well, I'll think about it and maybe it will go out of stock and the decision will be made for me!
I saw this offer late, and it sold out once before. So it may happen again
Old 09-06-2017, 09:53 AM   #98
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
I'm a sucker. I bought one. I might turn around and sell it on ebay, keeping the credits for audio and music, of course. Or I might give it MIL for Christmas.
Are the Audible credits only for a new sign-up, or will they apply to an existing account? I looked at the sales page but didn't see any info.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:12 AM   #99
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Are the Audible credits only for a new sign-up, or will they apply to an existing account? I looked at the sales page but didn't see any info.
I have no idea. I was just looking at it and now I don't even see where is says 3 audible credits.

It says this:

Quote:
You'll start off with plenty to listen to, thanks to Amazon Music Unlimited and Audible offers; see restrictions and other important information in Offers tab below.
Includes Amazon Echo and AC adapter; Amazon Music Unlimited offer and Audible offer
And there is no "offers tab" anywhere on the page. Does anyone see anything different?
Old 09-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #100
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I have no idea. I was just looking at it and now I don't even see where is says 3 audible credits.

It says this:

And there is no "offers tab" anywhere on the page. Does anyone see anything different?
The info I posted from Slickdeals was from QVC's page from several days ago. QVC sold out, got more stock, then reposted the offer leaving out the "offers tab". Sloppy on their part, but hopefully nothing changed with the add-on offers.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #101
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:

It says this:

Odd. Actually the whole thing is odd, since there's another page for the Echo saying it's unavailable, and the page with the $75 price says it's a Today's Special Value, but it isn't.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #102
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

I emailed them, they said "It’s an actual voucher that will be packed along with the Amazon item. When you remove the Amazon product the voucher should be in the QVC box."

So hopefully it won't be trial offer coupons. If so, I'll return it.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #103
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I emailed them, they said "It’s an actual voucher that will be packed along with the Amazon item. When you remove the Amazon product the voucher should be in the QVC box."

So hopefully it won't be trial offer coupons. If so, I'll return it.
I just looked at the QVC page again and QVC finally posted the offer details. It's not anywhere near as good as their offer from a few days ago. The Music Unlimited offer remains the same, but the Audible offer was drastically changed.

Instead of vouchers for 3 free Audible books, the offer is now the standard free 2 month trial for new customers only. Boo

Still, the $75 (or $70 for new QVC shoppers) price tag is the lowest price a new Echo has sold for.

Offer Details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf QVC Offer.pdf (722.9 KB, 528 views)
Old 09-06-2017, 01:38 PM   #104
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Not sure if this really belongs in here, but the "Which one should I buy" thread looks much more focused on e-readers primarily as e-readers, and that's not really what I want advice/suggestions on. So, I'm going to try here, with the "media player" slant, and, of course, I don't mind if whatever is suggested has a deal on it too

Soooooo.......my last Samsung Galaxy player 3.6 has given up the ghost, and I'm really going to miss it! I've been nursing it for a while, but the battery is pretty much gone, and its Android is so old that it's not really worth trying to find/replace the battery.

Although recently, I mostly used it as a plugged-in audio player, when the battery was good, I would take it with me to listen to music and the occasional ebook, and also could read a book on it from time-to-time in a pinch, like if I needed/wanted to save my phone battery. (I'm really tolerant of reading on phones and phone-like things...I actually used to read on a Blackberry Pearl...) I especially loved its small and thin footprint, since I could slide it into almost any sort of wallet/bag thingy I was carrying. Really, early on, before its Android got so horribly out of date, I used it almost like a mini-tablet.

I would love to find something similar, and have tried some no-contract phones, but have had issues with each one I've tried, like annoying "sign-up" splashes I can't get rid of, or not-so-great screens, or too big of a footprint. Nothing truly fatal (other than the not-so-great screen on one), but none have been exactly what I want, especially on the size - I am very willing to trade screen size for overall smaller size/thinness on my "secondary" device.

I'd love to find something with:

1) about a 4-inch screen, plus or minus, preferably minus; definitely really small and thin overall, screen doesn't have to be stunning for video (don't watch video on this device), but enough resolution to read on

2) enough internal memory for a few apps (a couple of reading apps, Media Monkey, a couple of word games), nothing crazy; but also definitely a microSD card slot handling 32 GB or more (lots of books and music to carry around)

3) bluetooth

4) not too old a version of Android

5) could be a no-contract phone, if the sign-up screens aren't too bad/annoying, but would love for it to be just a media device

6) wi-fi would be nice, but not essential

Any suggestions? Any experience?
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:55 PM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I would love to find something similar, and have tried some no-contract phones, but have had issues with each one I've tried, like annoying "sign-up" splashes I can't get rid of, or not-so-great screens, or too big of a footprint. Nothing truly fatal (other than the not-so-great screen on one), but none have been exactly what I want, especially on the size - I am very willing to trade screen size for overall smaller size/thinness on my "secondary" device.
How long are you willing to wait? Black Friday is 2-1/2 months off and has the best deals for no contract Android phones. I've been very pleased with the $10-$20 phones I've picked up the last several years. None of them are activated and they're primarily being used as media players.