Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #76
disney_mommy
Ebook fanatic
disney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windowsdisney_mommy format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kindle Keyboard
I am entering this contest as well. I would like to win because I have always been enamored of the Kindle 2 but never could have afforded one. I purchased a less expensive Sony 505, but ended up gifting it to my mom who loved it so much. She is a traveling nurse and spends a lot of time waiting for appointments or doctors, so it was just the kind of thing she needed. I spend a lot of time in my car transporting animals and being stuck at a traffic light (or worse, in a traffic jam) without a reader is frustrating.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #77
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
you need me to win because you really want me to stay reading at home this summer.

Why? I'm from Mexico. By the way, my previous travels were in the US, Canada, and more recently Australia. This summer we are planning to visit Switzerland

Last edited by Faenad; 06-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #78
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Ohhh mememe!

I should win because:

1) I constantly contact authors and publishers asking about their plans to create books in ebook formats.
2) I carry by Sony PRS-505 everywhere I go and engage people in discussions about ebooks, readers, etc.
3) I read wherever I can so people can see an ebook in action - on a treadmill at the gym, in a movie theater before the movie begins, while waiting in a line - any line, at work and at play, etc.
4) I no longer purchase paper books and only read ebooks so I am invested in promoting ebooks!
5) I'd love to have one of the new reader so I can give the 505 away!
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #79
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
I would like to win the Sony PRS-505, so I can read any epub files on the Sony and keep my Cybook Gen3 for the prc files.

Two eBook reading devices - this might set a new trend for stereo reading ...
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #80
bobbyco57
bobbyco57 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I am entering. There, I said it.
I deserve to win for the same reason anyone else does, because I entered to do so!
Having said that I don't expect to win one of the creativity bonus prizes, but let's face it I'm in it for the big reader prize.
Advert
Old 06-11-2009, 02:09 PM   #81
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I would like to enter this (and thanks for the opportunity ).

I would like another e-reader so that I can give it to my son. Both he and I read lots and lots and, whilst I have solved my 'oh no, I need another suitcase for my holiday books' problem, his still remains. He is 12 years old and I think it would be good to start 'educating' the next generation about the joys and convenience of e-reading.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #82
tidixon
Enthusiast
tidixon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I am entering the giveaway.

I have a sony reader prs-505. I should win because I would like to read double fisted at frat parties.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #83
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I am entering the giveaway and would like a Sony PRS-505 to give my husband. I want to infect him with my e book addiction.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #84
Alcibiades
Alcibiades began at the beginning.

Device: Probably an eSlick
I'm entering the giveaway, even though I might be receiving an eReader sometime before the contest ends. (It depends on some conditions...)
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #85
Marc_liest
Early Adopter
Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: einige
I am entering the giveaway.

It should be me that wins this giveaway, because my Sony Reader (and my MB in the same bag) has been stolen.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #86
Red Alert
Zealot
Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Red Alert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor & Nook Tablet. Sony PRS-505 loaned to brother.
Me too! I'm entering the contest.

Why pick me?

My one and only eReader is falling apart in my hands. I have the original Sony PRS-500. Clumsy as I am, the poor thing has tumbled to the floor several times and suffered case cracking injuries. One page advance button is forever toast and the battery is on its last legs holding a charge for a day or so.

So, winning a new PRS-700 would allow me to retire my poor injured PRS-500 to electron heaven.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in this wonderful forum and contest.

Ralph
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #87
Infrid
Infrid began at the beginning.

Device: Cellulose
I'd like to win this contest because a student like me needs to bring a lot of lecture notes. With a device like this i can bring everything that i need without carry paper reams...
Old 06-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #88
rowjimmy
rowjimmy is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
I am entering this contest.

In fact, being a pantheist, I have entered it many times - and in fact am sure that I will win. It's not like there is anyone else entering! Ha Ha Ha!

Wait a minute? Am I disqualified from entering, since I am the one putting on the contest?

(Look at that . . . a pantheist using the word "I" five times in a row! Oh who am I talking to anyway?)
Old 06-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #89
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
You should give the reader to me and not to one of these beggars here. All they do is whine.

After receiving it I will also make sure to post a video on youtube of me destroying the prize, just to spite all the losers.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #90
ht1948
ht1948 doesn't litterht1948 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm entering this contest as well. I just joined the forum yesterday and am still learning about all the wonderfull things an ereader can do. I want to win one so I can give one to my dad, who loves reading.
Closed Thread