Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
growat
growat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
SD Card Error - eBook Library

Hey Guys,

I've had my 505 since Monday and the romance is going strong. Wondered if any of you have encountered this problem.

The eBook Library says "error" over the SD card icon. I can access it fine through libprs500 (calibre) but I'm eager to use the collection utility of the eBook Library.

On the first day, I used the SD Card to flash some new firmware onto the device then erased the flash info from the card. I had not used the card prior to flashing, so I'm not sure if it's related to my current error or not.

Appreciate any help.

Graham
growat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
My eBook Library has intermittent problems reading the SD. I have a clever little USB gadget. It's basically a "thumb drive", with USB on one side and an SD slot on the other. Tuck in the SD card, plug the device into the laptop, and I can manually move the books onto and off of the SD card without needing to use the eBook Library software.

I only use it to purchase books (occasionally) from Sony, and to have it be sort of the master repository of my books. But for actually transferring books to my Reader, I do it "manually" as described.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I use the computer and a card reader to move/add/delete books
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use collections with calibre. See http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...he-sony-reader
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 02:09 AM   #5
growat
growat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
...but

Thanks guys.

I actually transferred a whole slew of books onto the SD card using that very USB adapter you're referring to. What I really want to do though is group them into collections, or, as I guess you'd look at them, playlists. For example, I have all the Dune books and I'd like to throw them all in a collection named DUNE and put them in order, a feature I've only seen on the eBook Library software.

I'm trying to investigate calibre to see if I can create these lists after the fact, and them transfer them in, or whether I need to adjust the metadata of the files before I transfer them to the card at all.

Graham
growat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 06:30 AM   #6
Megatron-UK
Connoisseur
Megatron-UK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
I don't think you can use the eBook Library software and *then* Calibre/libprs500 to create the collections - as far as I'm aware you need to tag the books up in Kovids software before you transfer them to the reader.
Megatron-UK is offline   Reply With Quote