Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
Most Recent First showed up last with wireless off

This is a weird one. I haven't heard of anyone else reporting it, but thought I'd put it out there in case it is happening to anyone else.

I usually leave my wireless off, only turning it on to download something. I recently updated my OS to 2.0.3, and I run the screensaver hack and Savory.

All of a sudden I noticed most recently added books, most recently opened, and the one currently being read, were showing up on the last page when my K2 is set to sort by Most Recent First - in other words, backwards from what I wanted. However, when I turned on the wireless and downloaded a couple of books, they showed up at the top of page 1 like they should have. On a hunch I went to the last page and opened my currently being read book, then back to Home and sure enough, now the current book is at the top of the list. The other recent ones that I did not re-open after turning on the wireless are still on the last page.

I have no idea if this is related to the 2.0.3 upgrade or the hacks - or both - but I didn't notice this until after I did the OS upgrade and then reinstalled the 2 hacks. I can't recall if it happened immediately with these changes or not, but I noticed it soon thereafter. I'd be interested to learn if anyone else sees similar behavior.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:40 PM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I reported this like the 2nd day after I got my Kindle 2. It's a well-documented but little-known problem. If you got over a day or so with wireless off, Kindle stops timestamping the books correctly when up access them, causing them to go to the end of the list. Only way to fix it is turn wireless back on, then re-access those books.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40337
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks, sirbruce. I missed the previous thread about it. Kind of ironic that the bug makes the list do exactly opposite of what it is supposed to be doing!
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
If you're curious, you can look at the files over USB and see that Kindle just doesn't set a modified date on them at all. So I guess the software assumes it's January 1, 1970.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote