Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 08-14-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
YvonneA
YvonneA began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Marvin 3/Calibre/iOS 9.3.3

Good Evening All -

I've been looking through the forums in regards to Marvin 3/Calibre and iOS 9.3.3.

I had previously purchased Marvin in December 2014; I used to be able to run the application in collaboration with Calibre and would then be able to synch my books with my iPad. After I downloaded (I think) iOS 8 on my iPad Marvin and Calibre no longer worked together.

I read through A LOT of threads on MobileRead and found that this was not just a 'user error' but that it had something to do with iOS 8.

Since then I have been waiting for Marvin to be updated so that I could use it with Calibre, from what I've been reading it looks like Marvin 3 and Calibre should now be able to work together but if this is correct then I have had absolutely NO LUCK in getting the two to work together.

Can someone please tell me if the two applications are compatible with iOS 9.3.3? If so, would someone mind giving me the proper steps on how to set it up or even point me to the location where the setup is documented?

I've been routed a time or two to the Appstafarian blog where it appears the apps should be compatible with each other but again, I'm just not seeing how to do a proper setup.

Help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you -
Yvonne
YvonneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:03 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@kguil has stated that he intends to create a communications channel which will allow the calibre plugin to work again (and be proof against further iOS changes).
He also said he has been in communication with the plugin developer regarding what those changes require.

However, AFAIK that hasn't happened... yet.

Perhaps @kguil can provide a status update.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
YvonneA
YvonneA began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
OK, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.....as I had mentioned, when I read the Appstafarian blog it really threw me for a loop....

Thank You!
YvonneA is offline   Reply With Quote