Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 05:53 AM   #1756
Nanou
Nanou began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo + Kobo glo HD
Bonjour David
Tout d'abord un grand merci pour tout ce travail autour des KOBO; je suis nouvelle sur ce forum que je visite très souvent et qui m'apporte tant !
J'aurais besoin d'un image SD de kobo glo pour réparer le mien. Le clonage de la carte marche mais je ne peux pas la réécrire sur une autre.
Merci d'avance
Old 10-05-2021, 05:55 AM   #1757
Nanou

Hello David
First of all, a big thank you for all this work around the KOBOs; I am new to this forum which I visit very often and which brings me so much!
I would need a kobo glo SD image to fix mine. Cloning the card works, but I cannot overwrite it on another.
thanks in advance
Advert
Old 10-05-2021, 07:26 AM   #1758
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 10-05-2021, 01:24 PM   #1759
nico_4
nico_4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Need SD image

Hi,

I just bought a Kobo Glo reader on aliexpress, and i dont know why, but i connected it to my computer and now its not working. It does turn on, but it shows just a vertical line on screen, appearing and disappearing, but it never ends.

Maybe the internal sd card was corrupted or with some weird files. I want to try with a new sd with an original kobo glo image, so i would like to have the sd image for this.

Thanks a lot
Old 10-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #1760
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent. But...

The first thing to do is a manual factory reset. See https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...-your-Kobo-Glo for the instructions.
Advert
Old 10-06-2021, 05:44 AM   #1761
Nanou

Thank you very much David, you are the savior of my Kobo Glo !! she saw again. I even managed to put the serial number back in the image using a hex editor. Just a small remark that may help: when I put the brand new SD with the image (and the firmware in the .kobo folder), I restarted the kobo: the following panel was displayed "update current day "with the hourglass and then there was a black screen with vertical streaks ... disturbing ... I waited 2 or 3 minutes and the kobo restarted flawless !!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:14 AM   #1762
Wolverine_2021
Wolverine_2021 began at the beginning.

Device: N613 Kobo Glo
Hello,
unfortunately I destroyed my SD card and also formatted. Now I need an image so I can hopefully start the Kobo Glo again. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-07-2021, 04:43 AM   #1763
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:10 AM   #1764
Wolverine_2021
Wolverine_2021 began at the beginning.

Device: N613 Kobo Glo
Hello Davidfor,
you are the best and helped me a lot. Thanks a thousand for that. My Kobo Glo is alive again! It's great that there are people like you! Many greetings and keep up the good work!
Old 10-11-2021, 08:56 AM   #1765
wehrufr
wehrufr began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hello davidfor,
I mistakenly formatted my SD card from my kobo glo hd, could you send me the image file.
I would be very grateful for your help.
FRANCIS
Old 10-11-2021, 10:08 AM   #1766
zodia
zodia began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Hello everyone,

could somone provide sd card image for kobo glo?
My internal sd card is damaged and kobo is stucking in restoring loop.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #1767
Jm84
Jm84 began at the beginning.

Problems with Kobo Glo

Hi, i having problems whit my Koblo Glo. After the last update, the same restarted and rebuilded with factory configuration. But, after this, he entered in a loop, and block with a screen with scratchs. I tried to reset to default configuration, but after tried 3 or 4 times, he stopped in two states. When i turn on, he shows a blue light led, and if a try to reset to default configurations, he stops in a red light led. I can read the SD Card on my computer, and on Windows i only can read the FAT32 partition, but i see other 2 partitions. I have done something wrong? If anyone can help me with the image an instructions to rebuild i will very grateful !
Old 10-11-2021, 07:10 PM   #1768
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@wehrufr, @zodia: PMs sent.

@Jm84: You need to enable Private Messaging. This is in the "Edit Options" of the control panel. If this isn't there, it has to be added somehow. You can try posting in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819 to ask it to be enabled, or contact a moderator.

And for the record, this thread is for the "Glo HD". Not the "Glo".
Old 10-12-2021, 01:45 PM   #1769
wehrufr
wehrufr began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
KOBO GLO HD .img

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrufr View Post
Hello davidfor,
I mistakenly formatted my SD card from my kobo glo hd, could you send me the image file.
I would be very grateful for your help.
FRANCIS
Mr David,
Myself and especially my grandson we thank you very much for your help. ,
Our kobo GLO HD works perfectly again. And also for your very fast sending. Thank you Sir!
Francis and his grandson
Old 10-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #1770
Jm84
Jm84 began at the beginning.

PM access released. My Kobo is N613 model. I am in the correct place?
Closed Thread