Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #1
alex_edge
Edge User

new inventory?

When the price of the PE dropped on Amazon to $200, I thought it was a fire-sale. But now Amazon has bumped the price up to $203 (?) and there are 18 in stock. Sounds like they got additional inventory? And there even seems to be more stock of the EE (6 in blue, 4 in red, etc).

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I've been checking "entourage edge" stock daily on Amazon and have not seen a difference in inventory levels. I'm also not seeing $203, but then I've heard recently that Amazon sometimes shows different prices to different visitors.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
fgruber
Edge User

I saw on amazon In stock on May 5, 2011 for $362.26!
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I've been checking "entourage edge" stock daily on Amazon and have not seen a difference in inventory levels. I'm also not seeing $203, but then I've heard recently that Amazon sometimes shows different prices to different visitors.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
When the price of the PE dropped on Amazon to $200, I thought it was a fire-sale. But now Amazon has bumped the price up to $203 (?) and there are 18 in stock. Sounds like they got additional inventory? And there even seems to be more stock of the EE (6 in blue, 4 in red, etc).

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!
PEs can still be bought from the Amazon Marketplace for $199 and some change. The $203 is not sold by Amazon, it is fulfilled by Amazon. The red PE is still going for $362.26 from Amazon. Tiger Direct and Circuit City (one in the same) dropped their price from $229 to $199.99.

The full size EEs are available from the Amazon Marketplace and not directly from Amazon.

Maybe Entourage decided to sacrifice their remaining inventory since sales have seemed to increase withing the past few weeks. We're all on the edge of our seats as the story unfolds. Hopefully it has a happy ending.

Last edited by obsessed2; 04-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
kenjennings
Edge User

I don't know what you see. Is this US?

Searching for "entourage edge" on Amazon results in four pages of hits, most are skins for the edges. Two on the first page are the 7" PE.
One is the red PE from entourage which won't be in stock until May 5th, and sells for $326. (typo - really $362)
The other is a black PE from "Worldwide distributors" for $199 and listed as In Stock.

(Blue, Black, Red, Ice Blue 10.1" EE are also listed, cheapest "Buy New" price is $498)

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post

Old 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #7
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjennings View Post
I don't know what you see. Is this US?

Searching for "entourage edge" on Amazon results in four pages of hits, most are skins for the edges. Two on the first page are the 7" PE.
One is the red PE from entourage which won't be in stock until May 5th, and sells for $326.
The other is a black PE from "Worldwide distributors" for $199 and listed as In Stock.

(Blue, Black, Red, Ice Blue 10.1" EE are also listed, cheapest "Buy New" price is $498)
The red PE that will be in stock on May 5th is going for $362.26. I see the EE for $498. Now only they would cut that price in half ...

Old 04-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
sarah11918
Edge User

Also, who knows how many people have returned their new devices, for whatever reason. So stock could be going up because of that.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #9
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Also, who knows how many people have returned their new devices, for whatever reason. So stock could be going up because of that.
If the item has been opened and then returned, can it be sold as "new"?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #10
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_edge View Post
If the item has been opened and then returned, can it be sold as "new"?
I don't know. (As to whether it *can* be...)

Old 04-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #11
alex_edge
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I don't know. (As to whether it *can* be...)
True, true. People *can* do all sorts of things they shouldn't...

Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
Glow
Edge User

Well, Amazon sells returned items (Amazon Warehouse, fulfilled by Amazon) as Used - Like New.
That's how I got my PE.
http://www.warehousedeals.com/

Old 05-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #13
Dr. T
Edge User

FWIW, many of the retailers listed on entourage's site no longer have PEs or EEs available. Walmart's link goes to an "out of stock" message; the J&R, CDW, CDW-G, and newegg links do not connect to anything eDGey, and Amazon has only a very few left.

Sadness...

Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 PM   #14
Filark
Edge User

Amazon has 7 suppliers for new Pocket eDGes, all of whom say they have units in stock, as well as 2 used PEs in their marketplace. I was disappointed to see that Newegg is out of stock (probably permanently). B&H Photo syas they have stock, and they finally posted my review!

I didn't check for the EE on Amazon or B&H.

Have to be careful with Amazon, Dr. T -- when they say "7 New" they mean 7 sellers, not 7 units. When they list dimensions, sometimes they mean the package size, sometimes they mean the unit itself . . . go figure!

Old 05-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post

Have to be careful with Amazon, Dr. T -- when they say "7 New" they mean 7 sellers, not 7 units. When they list dimensions, sometimes they mean the package size, sometimes they mean the unit itself . . . go figure!
True. My main point still stands, though: the number of retailers carrying new EEs is rapidly approaching zero, and the number carrying PEs is also steadily declining. Though, this isn't really surprising based on all of the information we've gleaned from the Forum and other sources. Maybe the cake is a lie, afterall.