Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
Irex Iliadv2 for sale USD$300

I'm selling an Irex Iliad Second Edition for $300 USD + Shipping and Handling. The device is used but works great. There are no major scratches on the screen and there are no defects in the screen. I've attached some pictures so you can see how images/books look on it. If you would like to see any other pictures just let me know.

Items included will be:
  • Irex Iliad Second Edition;
  • 1GB SD Card;
  • AC Power Cable (4 adapters: 2 US, 1 UK 3 prong, 1 European Round Pin);
  • Original Box; and
  • Original Irex Sleeve Cover (has a piece of hard cardboard in it to protect the screen, its worked great f
or me)

I'm in the US but I will ship international as well. You have to let me know where you are and I can find out how much shipping would be.

I accept payment through Paypal only. PM me if you are interested

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Irex01-1.JPG
Views:	359
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	51924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Irex02.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	51925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Irex03.JPG
Views:	337
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	51926  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-30-2010 at 06:50 AM. Reason: OP went ebay; auction over
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Now on eBay

Howdy everyone,

I noticed there were a lot of notices going around on here lately so I decided to post my Irex Iliad up on eBay as people should find it to be a more secure marketplace. I'm a long time eBayer so you can bid with confidence. Starting Bid is $249, its a 5-day auction.

Thank you!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130394256036
Old 05-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #3
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
That looks great. $112.30USD sounds a bit steep for postage to OZ. Good luck it looks like a bargain.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict

Yea that's the automatic calculator for eBay, Its set to UPS Worldwide Saver for International shipping. Its hard to know what to charge for a flat rate for international shipping so I went with eBay's calculator and since there's a UPS right near me I used that one.

The package should be about 2lbs maybe a little heavier, if there are cheaper shipping services that you could suggest and I could confirm the rates/availability to send from here I'm more than happy to use them.

*FYI, I switched the shipping on eBay to be "USPS International Mail Shipping" from "UPS Worldwide Saver", I'm happy to use whichever service a buyer would prefer. USPS is considerably cheaper than UPS is so I figure people would rather not spend an extra $100 on just shipping.

Thanks!

Last edited by junkyardwillie; 05-25-2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Update shipping info
Old 05-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #5
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Wouldn't you know, I just yesterday bought a Kindle DX from Ebay because I needed a bigger screen! I would have bought this for the three hundred; I must have missed the post.

Yep, Murphy lives. And rules.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
cyberico
cyberico began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
I'm selling an Irex Iliad Second Edition for $300 USD + Shipping and Handling. The device is used but works great. There are no major scratches on the screen and there are no defects in the screen. I've attached some pictures so you can see how images/books look on it. If you would like to see any other pictures just let me know.

Items included will be:
  • Irex Iliad Second Edition;
  • 1GB SD Card;
  • AC Power Cable (4 adapters: 2 US, 1 UK 3 prong, 1 European Round Pin);
  • Original Box; and
  • Original Irex Sleeve Cover (has a piece of hard cardboard in it to protect the screen, its worked great f
or me)

I'm in the US but I will ship international as well. You have to let me know where you are and I can find out how much shipping would be.

I accept payment through Paypal only. PM me if you are interested

Thank you

No "bin" button at US$ 300 :P so you probably expect more.
How long lasts the battery?
Thanks
cyberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
junkyardwillie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberico View Post
No "bin" button at US$ 300 :P so you probably expect more.
How long lasts the battery?
Thanks
Actually I had it posted on here for a few days and didn't get any responses so I posted it up on eBay at a lower price because I wasn't sure whether people weren't replying because the price was too high or because of the notices that were popping up from the Mods about people with very few posts posting things up for sale. I had actually purchased my DR1000S on here last year so I think its a great place to get deals on eReaders and its great for sellers because you don't have to pay the fees eBay charges you to sell an item but I understand many people would rather make a purchase through eBay than just a forum.

In general I would say that the Irex Iliad does not get the same 1 month battery time that Sony advertises but you do get a very long time. I believe Irex advertises that the Iliad gets about 10-15 hours battery life, the WACOM stylus drains the battery quicker so that is supposed to be the reason it does not get the Sony battery time.

I would say that my reader gets pretty close to the lower end of that range, I haven't read on it for 10 hours straight to know for sure but I've read on it back and forth over multiple days for an hour or two each day and I can usually go a good week without needing to recharge. I would assume on heavy use you'd probably get a good 8 hours out of it, if you use the stylus to take notes the battery will drain quicker.

It doesn't have a big issue of battery draining when its powered off. I have gone periods where I had not charged it for a week or two and come back and it still has a charge, I can't say the same for the DR1000S that I have. I tried today to just turn it on and see how long the battery will last, its at 7 hours now and only 3/4ths of the battery indicator is down. I'd definitely caveat that battery claim with it's the fact that I just turned on and it wasn't in use for 7 hours straight, flipping the pages will definitely make the battery drain quicker but you will still get high single digit hours out of it I believe.

I'm selling it because I have a DR1000S and a Sony PRS500 as well. Once Sony did its free upgrade to allow the PRS to support Epub I started using it more again for my novel reading. My first eReader was a Sony PRS500 and I purchased the Iliad to read PDFs because the Sony was too small for it and I had a lot of PDFs. Now that I have the DR1000S I use that one for PDFs and my Sony for novels so the Iliad has kind of lost its place in my gadget library. There aren't any problems with the device I'm really just selling it because if not it'll just collect dust on my table so I'd rather sell it for something than to let it sit idle.

I hope that was helpful

Thanks

Last edited by junkyardwillie; 05-27-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
junkyardwillie
Addict

FYI, Auction ends today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT

Thanks

Tags
iliad, irex