Notices

Old 10-11-2021, 05:05 PM   #46
tezz
tezz began at the beginning.

Device: cybook odyssey
Unhappy

Hi Godzil!
Thanks for your time!
I know this is not a really trendy device...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Hey Tezz, what Odyssey do you have? What is the model number?
Is this an odyssey Hd? With or without Front light?
One good way to recognise the firs gen odyssey from the second gen is the power button. A slide button is the first gen, a push one is for the later.
It's a Cyboy10-BK. I think it is the first gen, with the annoying slide button at the bottom. I purchase it in something like 2012.

Quote:
Do you have an SD card in the device? There has been time where it can make the reading software slow to start when an SD card is in, it’s a bizzare bug.
I've tried with the SD card both in and out. No changes.
Right now, I'm working with no SD card.

Quote:
If you are sure the firmware update did work fine, try to boot the device with the USB cable connected and if it mount on your computer copy all of the data then put them back by small batch, the software may be unhappy with one of the books.
No luck there: the PC doesn't see the device. Even if I try to start it while connected via USB, I still see the "Starting up..." page.

Quote:
If none of that work, and your don’t mind formatting the internal storage,you can boot the device in factory mode, make sure it is switch off, then press the two left/right button, keep them pressed while booting the device, it should show a slightly different splash screen with “Service mode” displayed.
I've seen the "Service mode" screen. After a few moments it simply disappeared and the "Starting up..." one re-appeared.
In a second attempt, the "Service mode" page appears and then it stays there, no reaction from any button. Stuck again.

I know this is a device that has almost 10 years, but it's a nice piece of tecnology and I'd hate to trash it without trying.
Now that I've seen that not even the "Service mode" page opens regularly, I'm seriously thinking about declaring it dead.

What can I say? Thanks a lot for your advices and your time!
See you around!
tezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #47
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Sorry I just saw you answered, didn’t had a notification about it.

Ok so toi have a 1st or 2nd gen Odyssey.. These are a bit fiddly. Did you had any issues with the USB connection with thing one? Would you like mind sharing your serial number?

For the factory app, I fear your device was never updated with a more recent one. We can try something to update it.

I’m will try to prepare something for you for that, in the mean time please check yoir battery is fully charged and also that you can boot it in the update mode: from switch off, press he HOME button and turn it on, keep both pressed until it display the splash screen and it should start in the update mode. If that work, you device is not dead yet
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 01:03 PM   #48
kakas
kakas began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have a Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight. I got it recently only. Problem is that home button and side buttons do not work. This is an issue I have seen on the net already, without any solution suggested. I have checked, that it is not a hardware issue (at least the buttons work correctly.)
Can anyone provide me firmware? It is not supported anymore by the manufacturer which is a shame. I can try to install it via the SD card method as it does not require the Home button to be pressed. Thx.

Last edited by kakas; 09-28-2023 at 01:06 PM.
kakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 05:15 AM   #49
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
What make you sure it is not a hardware problem?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 02:30 AM   #50
kakas

I tracked down the signal of the buttons to the microcontroller. Signal is there and it is very unlikely, that the input circuitry of the uC is faulty just for these buttons. Searching the Net someone posted the same problem, so it is not unique. (But he did not get any solution.) I hope someone saved the firmware and I can try to install...
Old 10-02-2023, 04:14 AM   #51
kakas

I found this
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=282170