Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Sigil/Qt does not display the font but ADE

-----

Last edited by rubeus; 01-06-2015 at 03:09 AM.
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubeus View Post
Hi,

i'm using Sigil 0.8.2. Win64. In preview mode, the text isnt rendered in the given font, so i had a look if i made an error. As i cant find one i tried to display the epub in ADE 2, and -surprise- the text is rendered in the specified font.

Its the first time Sigil cant display/use a specified font for me, so i'm wondering where the error is: do i still have one? Is it an error in Qt? Is something wrong with the font?

r:/ubeus
Other than the 'internal name' font mismatch, Calibre editor Check says OK,
then it, Caliber edit, will crash QT5 (XP) if you open the file to edit

Have you validated the font file?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm able to open the epub in calibre's editor, but the font still doesn't render. Must be something about that particular font that Qt5's WebKit just doesn't like.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I just did a quick test with the unofficial 32/64bit Linux 0.8.2 editions, and the embedded font is shown. This might be a Windows-specific Qt issue.

EDIT: It also displays OK with the Linux versions of Calibre Book Viewer and Calibre Editor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil_0.8.2_linux.png
Views:	256
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	133266  

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-03-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:03 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You can always try to convert the font to ttf to see if that fixes the issue with the font.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 AM   #6
rubeus
Banned
rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rubeus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Thx,

i tried the Microsoft Font Validator, but as i'm only a user of fonts and do not have a glue about font internas i'm unable to interpret the result. There were some yellow and red areas, but the red areas are pointing to versioning and signatures only.

Finally converting from otf to ttf did the trick. Still the validator has some issues, but the signature error is gone.

Interesting that different Qt versions/platforms do have a problem with the font and others not.

Thx everyone for helping.

r:/ubeus
rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicepattinson View Post
Spam - A banned spammer.
You may have the same symptom, but possibly not the same problem. I suggest you start your own thread and attach your own sample (copyright-free) ePub.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2015 at 11:01 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 07:52 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just FYI, on windows Qt uses the Microsoft GDI engine for rendering text. The GDI engine is ancient and does not support OTF fonts with CFF font data.

Unless Qt switches to using DirectWrite on windows, you will not be able to see OTF fonts with CFF font data in any Qt based application, such as calibre or sigil.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-04-2015 at 08:44 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Good to know exactly where the problem lies. Thanks for the info.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote