Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
cosmicbite
cosmicbite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Bookmarking troubles and syncing with computer

I don't really like Kobo's annotations because it's really slow so what I like to do is bookmark multiple pages I'm interested in, either to research something later, copy a quote to the computer, etc, but kobo desktop of course only shows books from the store, which really complicates things because in calibre or adobe digital editions bookmarks, notes, etc, just don't show up at all.
And doing it manually, when I have hundreds of bookmarked pages, takes way too long. I've searched and tried different programs and converting files, but to no avail.
I thought of the Import annotations calibre plugin, but I don't want quotes or notes, just pages that I can go back to on the computer. The ideal would be the pages selected showing up in the bookmark panel of the calibre reader, but I just can't seem to make it work. Any ideas? Sorry if this was confusing, english is not my native language and I'm very frustrated right now, thanks in advance
cosmicbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The short answer is that there is currently no way to do what you want.

To do what you want requires software support for it. While the calibre viewer supports making bookmarks, there isn't a way to add them externally. And the viewer doesn't support the annotations part. I believe this is part of Kovid's plans, but I have no idea when.

Until then, the best I can suggest is to select some text on the page and save that as a highlight. Then use the Annotations plugin to fetch them into calibre. Then you can do a search using the selected text. I do this all the time while correcting errors in the book. I select enough text so that I can find it easily and can see what the error is. I only add an annotation if the correction is not obvious.

I should add that when the calibre viewer supports annotations fully, I will be updating the Annotations plugin to use it. I'm both looking forward to it, and dreading it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:42 AM   #3
cosmicbite
cosmicbite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you for response, I shall do that then. And thanks for all the hard work on the plugin, I'll be looking forward to new developments!
cosmicbite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarks, desktop, sync with kobo