Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-09-2021, 09:51 PM   #181
AlaVander
Enthusiast
AlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterAlaVander can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: none
I ran the command and replaced urllib3_1.26.6 with 1.25.8 in the plugin path. Now create X-ray to work normally. Thank you for your help.
AlaVander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:10 PM   #182
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaVander View Post
I ran the command and replaced urllib3_1.26.6 with 1.25.8 in the plugin path.
You shouldn't replace any file in the 'worddumb-libs' folder, you might break some lib's dependency. That comment was talking about the version of urllib3 used in pip. I though maybe the last paragraph of the comment gonna fix the error.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2021, 09:57 AM   #183
lizard-cooker
lizard-cooker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
X-ray missing some entries.

Hey, It seems to me that the x-ray misses some entries. A name has appeared at least two times but the x-ray seems to only notice the second time.

If there is someway I can transfer you the book file, let me know.
lizard-cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:17 AM   #184
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard-cooker View Post
If there is someway I can transfer you the book file, let me know.
If the book is in the public domain, you can upload it in this thread. Otherwise, send a private message of the download link to me or upload to GitHub issue.

Please also state which name has this issue.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:56 AM   #185
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Hey, It seems to me that the x-ray misses some entries.
Please update to v3.10.0 and select 'md' or 'lg' size model in the plugin preferences.

v3.10.0:
- add option to select spaCy model size
- add Macedonian model
- add 774 and update 39 lemmas
- set MOBI EXTH cdeType metadata to EBOK if it's not EBOK(added in calibre 5.23.0)
Advert
Old 07-12-2021, 04:18 AM   #186
lizard-cooker
lizard-cooker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyzz View Post
Please update to v3.10.0 and select 'md' or 'lg' size model in the plugin preferences.
what's the difference between the two?

Thank you very much
lizard-cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:51 AM   #187
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
what's the difference between the two?
Larger spaCy model has higher NER precision, more details at https://spacy.io/models/en
Old 07-29-2021, 03:44 AM   #188
lee_q
lee_q began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen (2018)
Quote:
This plugin will generate Word Wise and X-Ray files then send them to Kindle. Supports KFX, AZW3 and MOBI eBooks. X-Ray supports 18 languages.

Special notes:
Requires calibre 5.23.0 or newer, Python 3, jhowell's KFX Input plugin for KFX books(optional).
X-Ray feature doesn't work on macOS with library validation enabled.

User manual and video tutorials:
Please read README

Liberapay donation:
Please support open source software on Liberapay:

Source code:
https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb

Please use GitHub issues to report bugs and welcome pull requests.

Change log
https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/commits/master
https://github.com/xxyzz/WordDumb/releases

Hi, I'm sorry if this kind of dumb
BUt, i want to ask should i worddumb the books file on calibre library or on device library?

If i did it on calibre library, do i need to send the language file manualy via windows explorer to kindle folder ? because if i send the books via calibre, it only send the azw3 file, not the kll file.

thanks.
lee_q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 07:34 PM   #189
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_q View Post
i want to ask should i worddumb the books file on calibre library or on device library?
calibre library

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_q View Post
If i did it on calibre library, do i need to send the language file manualy via windows explorer to kindle folder?
Click worddumb icon or menu to send the book and other files.

Please read README and watch tutorial videos.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:28 AM   #190
leoyang888
leoyang888 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Quote:
You're using 64bit python? Can you try the 32bit python or 64bit version of calibre? You need to delete the 64bit python and the 'C:\Users\sam\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\word dumb-numpy1.20.1' folder if you wanna install the 32bit python.

calibre and python should use the same architecture, both 64 or 32.
I have the OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application, and I tried deleting 64 bit python, downloaded 32 bit python. But I cannot find the folder in question, might it be because I have the portable version of calibre
leoyang888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #191
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoyang888 View Post
I tried deleting 64 bit python, downloaded 32 bit python. But I cannot find the folder in question, might it be because I have the portable version of calibre
preference -> miscellaneous -> open calibre configuration folder

should display the plugin folder and you have to delete the "plugins/worddumb-libs" folder. I'd suggest you use 64bit calibre.

This plugin changed a lot so an old comment in this thread may not apply to the current version. And please read README...
Old 08-01-2021, 02:44 AM   #192
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.10.3

- update spaCy to 3.1.1
- add --platform option to pip for Windows, so 64bit python can install 32bit packages for 32bit calibre and vice versa
Old 08-03-2021, 05:13 AM   #193
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Quote:
The "search people" option is for nonfiction books and novels that have many character pages on Wikipedia like A Song of Ice and Fire and The Lord of the Rings. You should search the characters on Wikipedia in a browser then to decide whether to enable this option. And the plugin may not find the correct page if the search result is a disambiguation page.

Currently the plugin only searches Wikipedia but in theory any website uses MediaWiki and has the TextExtracts extension can be added easily.
Thanks, so if search people on Wikipedia is not selected and I generate the X-ray what happens? Hope my question is clear
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:44 PM   #194
xxyzz
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakhutzeee View Post
so if search people on Wikipedia is not selected and I generate the X-ray what happens?
disable that option the plugin will use quote from the book as person description

v3.10.4:
improve X-Ray quality and bug fix

- x-ray: remove non-word characters, article and titles from named entities
- x-ray: split name to merge records of the same person
- x-ray: handle the case when titles are redirected to the same Wikipedia page
- bug: fix a regression that breaks X-Ray mentions progress bar
- bug: fix plugin donesn't create Word Wise file when first create X-Ray then create both

Last edited by xxyzz; 08-03-2021 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2021, 08:12 AM   #195
xxyzz
Evangelist

v3.11.0

- cache Wikipedia summary
- filter X-Ray records have length less then three for English books
- also add missing or disambiguation titles to Wikipedia cache file
- add Wikipedia summary to more X-Ray entities

Tags
worddumb, x-ray