Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-05-2021, 03:17 PM   #1516
erfly7
erfly7 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is the purpose of this plugin. You need to install the plugin and follow the instructions in the help to configure the plugin. The help also has some details on how to use the plugin.
Yes installed plugin, says create unique user and then box comes up says did you "allow access" with goodreads? well there is no instructions anywhere where you go to "allow access" with goodreads
erfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 09:26 PM   #1517
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfly7 View Post
Yes installed plugin, says create unique user and then box comes up says did you "allow access" with goodreads? well there is no instructions anywhere where you go to "allow access" with goodreads
The help for the plugin has a section called "Creating a User Profile" that tells you what to do. But, if you got that far, it should have opened the Goodreads page in your browser. Sign in and authorize the application there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2021, 02:54 PM   #1518
erfly7

Quote:
The help for the plugin has a section called "Creating a User Profile" that tells you what to do. But, if you got that far, it should have opened the Goodreads page in your browser. Sign in and authorize the application there.
Oh nothing popped up......clicked on authorize goodreads plugin and nothing happens?

Nothing opened up in my browser so thats sucks must not work for me.
Old 07-06-2021, 03:15 PM   #1519
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
I think I had that problem when I installed this plugin. IIRC, I tried a different browser - chrome instead of firefox - to authorize it. You might also try running your browser in safe mode (disabling all plugins).
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 11:50 PM   #1520
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfly7 View Post
Oh nothing popped up......clicked on authorize goodreads plugin and nothing happens?

Nothing opened up in my browser so thats sucks must not work for me.
If the page doesn't open in the browser, go to GR yourself. Sign in and go to your settings. In the "Apps" section, at the bottom it should have a section "Applications You've Given Access To" and a list of applications. That should be have request to authorise an application.
Advert
Old 07-07-2021, 01:37 AM   #1521
erfly7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
I think I had that problem when I installed this plugin. IIRC, I tried a different browser - chrome instead of firefox - to authorize it. You might also try running your browser in safe mode (disabling all plugins).
Thank you that did it installed chromium and set it as default then finally something popped up.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:35 PM   #1522
mobamoba
Enthusiast
mobamoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I run Calibre in Docker and there's no browser meaning no way for the Oauth token to Goodreads to work. Is there a way to do it via copy/paste instead, i.e. is there some way to get the link the plugin is trying to launch, copy it to a different machine with a working browser, paste it, and authorize the plugin that way?

Thanks.
mobamoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:09 AM   #1523
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobamoba View Post
I run Calibre in Docker and there's no browser meaning no way for the Oauth token to Goodreads to work. Is there a way to do it via copy/paste instead, i.e. is there some way to get the link the plugin is trying to launch, copy it to a different machine with a working browser, paste it, and authorize the plugin that way?
You don't need to. The plugin opening the page in the browser is just a convenience. You can do it from a browser elsewhere. Just go to your GR account, into the settings and allow the application.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:47 AM   #1524
mobamoba
Enthusiast

Quote:
You don't need to. The plugin opening the page in the browser is just a convenience. You can do it from a browser elsewhere. Just go to your GR account, into the settings and allow the application.
Thanks but could you be more specific about that process as I don't see where in my GR settings I can allow it? I looked in the Apps sections - should I be looking somewhere else?
Old 08-08-2021, 08:19 AM   #1525
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks but could you be more specific about that process as I don't see where in my GR settings I can allow it? I looked in the Apps sections - should I be looking somewhere else?
I was vague because I couldn't remember But, it is on the Apps page of the settings. Towards the bottom, there should be a section, "Applications You've Given Access To". For the plugin, the "Application" is "no application".
Old 08-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #1526
mobamoba
Enthusiast

Quote:
I was vague because I couldn't remember But, it is on the Apps page of the settings. Towards the bottom, there should be a section, "Applications You've Given Access To". For the plugin, the "Application" is "no application".
It doesn't appear there. I'm guessing this is because I did a password change on GR recently and may have to re-authorize. However I can't seem to figure out how to do that. When I try to authorize in the Calibre container, it fails with a 401 error at https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token invalid Oauth Request.

That's why I was trying to figure out what your plugin was sending to GR so I could cut/paste that into a working browser and authorize that way.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #1527
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It doesn't appear there. I'm guessing this is because I did a password change on GR recently and may have to re-authorize. However I can't seem to figure out how to do that. When I try to authorize in the Calibre container, it fails with a 401 error at https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token invalid Oauth Request.

That's why I was trying to figure out what your plugin was sending to GR so I could cut/paste that into a working browser and authorize that way.
That error has nothing to do with the browser. It means something went wrong with the API request. Can you post the error details? Or run calibre in debug mode and attempt to do the authorisation?

But, you should not need to reauthorise. Your password isn't used. And unless you de-authorised it, then nothing should have changed.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #1528
mobamoba
Enthusiast

Quote:
That error has nothing to do with the browser. It means something went wrong with the API request. Can you post the error details? Or run calibre in debug mode and attempt to do the authorisation?

But, you should not need to reauthorise. Your password isn't used. And unless you de-authorised it, then nothing should have changed.
I haven't deauthorized. The error is:
calibre, version 5.24.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

From the debug log:

DEBUG: 17.2 HttpHelper::__init__: proxy=None
DEBUG: 18.8 _oauth_request_get: url=https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/request_token
DEBUG: 21.4 HttpHelper::_oauth_request_post: url=https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token
DEBUG: 21.4 HttpHelper::_oauth_request_post: body=
DEBUG: 21.6 Goodreads failure calling: https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token
DEBUG: 21.6 Response: {'server': 'Server', 'date': 'Sun, 08 Aug 2021 14:53:04 GMT', 'content-type': 'text/html; charset=utf-8', 'content-length': '1522', 'connection': 'keep-alive', 'x-amz-rid': '9XHXABY9Y6FNDRM53618', 'set-cookie': '_session_id2=fc84a1ee55368bd6cc85d37007ca8d17; path=/; expires=Sun, 08 Aug 2021 20:53:04 -0000; HttpOnly', 'x-frame-options': 'SAMEORIGIN', 'x-xss-protection': '1; mode=block', 'x-content-type-options': 'nosniff', 'www-authenticate': 'OAuth realm="https://www.goodreads.com"', 'cache-control': 'no-cache', 'x-request-id': '9XHXABY9Y6FNDRM53618', 'x-runtime': '0.048243', 'vary': 'Content-Type,Accept-Encoding,X-Amzn-CDN-Cache,X-Amzn-AX-Treatment,User-Agent', 'permissions-policy': 'interest-cohort=()', 'status': '401'}

Last edited by mobamoba; 08-08-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #1529
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I haven't deauthorized. The error is:
calibre, version 5.24.0
ERROR: Goodreads Failure: The request contacting Goodreads has failed. Please try again.

From the debug log:

DEBUG: 17.2 HttpHelper::__init__: proxy=None
DEBUG: 18.8 _oauth_request_get: url=https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/request_token
DEBUG: 21.4 HttpHelper::_oauth_request_post: url=https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token
DEBUG: 21.4 HttpHelper::_oauth_request_post: body=
DEBUG: 21.6 Goodreads failure calling: https://www.goodreads.com/oauth/access_token
DEBUG: 21.6 Response: {'server': 'Server', 'date': 'Sun, 08 Aug 2021 14:53:04 GMT', 'content-type': 'text/html; charset=utf-8', 'content-length': '1522', 'connection': 'keep-alive', 'x-amz-rid': '9XHXABY9Y6FNDRM53618', 'set-cookie': '_session_id2=fc84a1ee55368bd6cc85d37007ca8d17; path=/; expires=Sun, 08 Aug 2021 20:53:04 -0000; HttpOnly', 'x-frame-options': 'SAMEORIGIN', 'x-xss-protection': '1; mode=block', 'x-content-type-options': 'nosniff', 'www-authenticate': 'OAuth realm="https://www.goodreads.com"', 'cache-control': 'no-cache', 'x-request-id': '9XHXABY9Y6FNDRM53618', 'x-runtime': '0.048243', 'vary': 'Content-Type,Accept-Encoding,X-Amzn-CDN-Cache,X-Amzn-AX-Treatment,User-Agent', 'permissions-policy': 'interest-cohort=()', 'status': '401'}
There are two requests there. The first is the request to authorise the application against the user. The second is to get the token that was generated by the first. But, before doing the second, you must do the step on the GR site. If GR is no longer showing this on the Apps page, there is not much I can do. The second step will fail until you do this.

What I would suggest is trying from a desktop. That will let you go to the GR page quickly. And will make sure everything is consistent. Once you have done the authorisation, you should be able to go to the container version and authorise it. In that case, just click the button to say that you have authorised the plugin. Once it is done, it will work for other installations.

If the authorisation on the desktop works, but from the container it doesn't, we should be able to copy the configuration between them. It is all in a file somewhere. Just need to remember how to extract it.
Old 08-08-2021, 10:14 PM   #1530
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
For me, I click on my user avatar in the upper right corner and select Account Settings. I then click on the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the left hand column where I see Applications You've Given Access To.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodReads_apps.png
Views:	190
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	188597  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads