Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2021, 04:52 PM   #46
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kobo Claras, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4, iPad 6 & iPhoneXS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintodrimmer View Post
On a related note, has anyone figured a way to run GIT from Kobo?
This would solve all of the possible back-up and synchronisation issues for me.
So far I've seen KoboToolbox, but I don't think it's related to the Kobo eReaders.

I haven’t heard of that. Perhaps you could inquire in the Kobo developers forum. Somebody might know there. In lieu of managing backups on my Kobo, I run rsync frequently when I plug my Kobo into my Mac. It saved my butt last night when my Elipsa developed a corrupt database again, and I had just backed it up within the hour. For redundancy’s sake, I also keep a copy of the .nebo files on a separate hard drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 05:23 PM   #47
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
It's bundled in my usual bundle o' tools. (Not directly, because it needs to eat a tiny chunk of the rootfs, c.f., the very bottom of the README ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 05:44 AM   #48
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Thanks NiLuJe, seems like exactly what I was looking for!
vintodrimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #49
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keep in mind that Elipsa support is still a bit wonky there for the device-specific bits (i.e., I haven't updated FBInk in there, and the USBNet scripts are also outdated).

I'll fix that in a few weeks .
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #50
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Forma, Libra, Elipsa
language recognition

I played with the advanced notebook note taking yesterday night.
With French (the UI language on my readers), my bad writing was impressively well recognized, but I didn't find a way to correct occasional mistakes - like changing a letter in the middle of a word.
English seemed ok too, though I didn't write much. German was so-so but Italian was appalling. I got bored and didn't test Spanish.
I would be interested in the experience of users with Italian UI language, when the notebook might be expecting Italian.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:26 AM   #51
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Given that the tech is licensed from a French startup, that's not entirely surprising .

IIRC, you can scribble over/cross off a letter/word to delete it, but that might only work in notebooks... (The exact gesture was detailed in the in-app help).
Old Today, 05:29 AM   #52
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Can anyone check the lighting uniformity on their Elipsa?
I got a replacement device which goes from yellow-ish to blue-ish and I'm fairly certain the original one didn't have such an issue.
Click image for larger version

Name:	elipsa_lighting.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	188376
vintodrimmer is online now   Reply With Quote