Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-25-2021, 08:39 AM   #30181
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Lost by Michael Robotham. Second of the Joseph O'Loughlin mystery/thriller series, although in this book O'Loughlin plays only a supporting role to DI Ruiz. This was good, but it did seem longer than it really was. Part of that is that it packs a lot in, it keeps moving at a fairly hectic pace from the first page to the last. But despite that I found it fairly easy to put down until the last third or so. Some of the details seem somewhat dubious in retrospect but mostly it holds up well enough while reading. 3.5/5.

I'm now starting on something rather lighter than most of my recent reading with the first book in the Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins. It seems to be off to an excellent start, but maybe it's just that Boots has got me suckered like everyone else in the story.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 11:53 AM   #30182
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Half-way through Another Kingdom, by Andrew Klavan.

The novel is a compulsively readable fantasy. So far, very highly recommended.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Yesterday at 08:56 AM. Reason: a
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #30183
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club by Dorothy L. Sayers. The fifth in her Lord Peter Wimsey series, which I picked up back in December 2013
A splendid mystery. And some nice insights into Lord Peter's character too. Most enjoyable.

Next up: The Looking Glass War by John le Carré. The fourth in his George Smiley series.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:29 PM   #30184
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 4, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
I'm reading Murder At The Filmore by Zelda White. I am enjoying it so far.
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote