Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 06-27-2021, 02:21 AM   #1831
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@Trevor68

The failsafe way to install COPS Is to use the latest ZIP file from the release page.
Do NOT use the source code install. You need an older version of composer to make it work.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:07 AM   #1832
Trevor68
Enthusiast
Trevor68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Agreed it did absolutely seem like my installed version of Composer was to new. The lockfile seemed to be requesting older files.
I wanted to use the "updated" version of COPS for the new template, so downloaded the zip from here.

https://github.com/SenorSmartyPants/cops

Was that where I went wrong, do I need to just grab the original from here.

http://blog.slucas.fr/en/oss/calibre-opds-php-server

and then somehow add the new template?
Trevor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:54 AM   #1833
Trevor68
Enthusiast

Thanks very much for the tip, have combined old and new files now and all up and running.

Next step is to add a user and password, any tips for that?

I uncommented the bottom section of .htaccess, but unsure what else to do?

Last edited by Trevor68; 06-28-2021 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:18 AM   #1834
Trevor68
Enthusiast

Almost there! Decided to use PHP password so that is sorted.

I can browse, read and email books online now, the last hurdle is I cannot download.

Once I click download I just get the following error.

Your ebook can't be opened, because it doesn't exist on the server at this location.

Which seems impossible given i can see it? My Calibre Library Path is D:/Calibrelibrary/ if I change it at all the entire show stops working so I'm a bit confused.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:11 AM   #1835
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@Trevor68

If "Your ebook can't be opened, because it doesn't exist on the server at this location." it's usually a (reading)rights problem. Check if your directory can be read by ALL users.

With what (app, browser, etc) are you trying to download the epub?
Old 06-28-2021, 07:53 AM   #1836
Trevor68
Enthusiast

All fixed now, permissions was the tip I needed to notice that my windows/apache setup was not using/obeying the ,htaccess file. doh.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-17-2021, 09:10 AM   #1837
cbalmforth
cbalmforth began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
COPS can't see mounted usb hard drive

I've been using COPS quite happily on my headless Raspberry Pi server running Ubuntu 20.10 for a year or so. The library is on a 1TB usb hard drive plugged into the Pi, and Ubuntu runs on a 120 GB SSD. I discovered yesterday it has stopped working, possibly as a result of allowing an ubuntu upgrade a couple of weeks or so ago. Now COPS reports that metadata.db isn't present at /mnt/usb-hdd/calibre-library/ even though I can see it there by listing the directory via the command line. Owner and permissions haven't changed since it was working.

If I copy the library folder to the system drive on /home/calibre-library and modify config_local.php to suit it works fine, but I want my library on the main storage drive. Has anybody experienced something similar or have any suggestions?
cbalmforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 05:39 AM   #1838
mariosipad
Guru

@cbalmforth

What is the output of:

http://<Pi-ip>/cops/checkconfig.php

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-18-2021 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-23-2021, 05:26 AM   #1839
cbalmforth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@cbalmforth

What is the output of:

http://<Pi-ip>/cops/checkconfig.php
Sorry for the late reply. I've attached screenshots of the checkconfig.php output and a listing of the directory containing a test library. COPS works fine if I move this directory to /home/calibre-library/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COPS.png
Views:	242
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	188314   Click image for larger version

Name:	ls.png
Views:	202
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	188315  
Old 07-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #1840
mariosipad
Guru

Can you do:

ls -l /mnt/usb-hdd/

and

ls -l /mnt/usb-hdd/calibre-library/

I do not run Ubuntu on my Pi, so first checking the rights setting, the most common problem.

Last edited by mariosipad; 07-23-2021 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2021, 01:21 PM   #1841
cbalmforth

Thanks mariosipad. I've attached screenshots of the directory listings you requested, and also of the directory where COPS works. I blanked out the other directory info!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ls.png
Views:	245
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	188339   Click image for larger version

Name:	ls2.png
Views:	218
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	188340  
Old 07-27-2021, 01:21 PM   #1842
mariosipad
Guru

I had an installation of (X)Ubuntu 20.10 in a virtual machine. First I updated it to all the latest versions. It has the same PHP version 7.4.9 as you use on your Pi. I even mounted a remote directory with a cops directory on it on the vm.

I could not reproduce your problem. As far as I can see there as no obvious errors with the rights.

What you can try:
1 - (only to test) give the calibre-library on the mounted disk all rights (chmod 777)
2 - what does you config_local.php look like?
3 - if you make a symlink from the mounted directory to somewhere inside the COPS directory. Does that work?
Old 07-28-2021, 07:20 AM   #1843
cbalmforth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
I had an installation of (X)Ubuntu 20.10 in a virtual machine. First I updated it to all the latest versions. It has the same PHP version 7.4.9 as you use on your Pi. I even mounted a remote directory with a cops directory on it on the vm.

I could not reproduce your problem. As far as I can see there as no obvious errors with the rights.

What you can try:
1 - (only to test) give the calibre-library on the mounted disk all rights (chmod 777)
2 - what does you config_local.php look like?
3 - if you make a symlink from the mounted directory to somewhere inside the COPS directory. Does that work?
I had high hopes for the symlink but unfortunately it has the same result. I created a soft link named calibre in the /home directory, and ls /home/calibre/ correctly lists the library directory including metadata.db, but I get the same checkconfig error. Changing permissions to 777 also had the same result.

Many thanks for all your help, but I've decided to stop wasting everybody's time and live with having the calibre library on my system disk and not the external usb hard drive. Maybe I'll take another look when the system disk starts running out of space!
Old 08-05-2021, 10:35 AM   #1844
SylvainDx
SylvainDx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
hello, do you update your php.ini and add you shared folder db path in the open_basedir variable ?
SylvainDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:38 PM   #1845
mariosipad
Guru

@SylvainDx

Not needed (as far as I can remember) for my installation of Xubuntu 20.10 (in a vm).

But it's always worth checking.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology