Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 10:52 AM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mac File Associations

I want to associate the ebook viewer with my .kepub files but the viewer does not show as an option. The viewer is properly associated to regular epubs and azw3 files. I can not manually associate it as the viewer program is embedded in the calibre package file.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should be able to manually associate it just fine. The app is

/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/ebook-viewer.app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
The Mac file association dialog does not allow me to navigate inside a package. Pasting the full path above does not work either.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont have to limit yourself to apple's GUI. https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...on-in-terminal
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:18 PM   #5
Ciceronn
Ciceronn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont have to limit yourself to apple's GUI. https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...on-in-terminal
Covid hello, can you help me solve my problem?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=15638463

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-21-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Ciceronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:12 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciceronn View Post
Covid hello, can you help me solve my problem?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/se...rchid=15638463
You posted a search link, which are ephemeral.

And you hijacked an another posters thread.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:14 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I bet they meant https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340744

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:27 AM   #8
Ciceronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
You posted a search link, which are ephemeral.

And you hijacked an another posters thread.

BR
Sorry, I'm not very good at managing this site (
Old 07-23-2021, 03:30 AM   #9
Ciceronn

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=340744
How to make duplicates skipped at the import stage? This is real?