Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 04:57 AM   #31
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
FWIW, so does LibreOffice
Shows how much I use word processing software these days.

Thanks for letting me know.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:00 AM   #32
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Shows how much I use word processing software these days.

Thanks for letting me know.
The ODF is putting a lot of work into its documentation, each of the core components of LO now has an updated manual for V7.x
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:27 AM   #33
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The ODF is putting a lot of work into its documentation, each of the core components of LO now has an updated manual for V7.x
I saw that. It looked pretty impressive. On my desktop I'm still using 6.0.x but I was able to find the manual for that (488 pages of it). Pretty impressive. Again, thanks.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #34
conan50
Fanatic
conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conan50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Well, SoftMaker finally got some (not much) money from me. They offered the SoftMaker Office 2018 Standard package for $8 and I went ahead and picked it up. I haven't tested it much, but so far I like it's "feel" better than LibreOffice. I also like that it comes with real (PDF) User Manuals. I guess now they'll dun me forever to upgrade to 2021.
That's what I use. I didn't see much reason to upgrade to their newest version.
conan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:57 PM   #35
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan50 View Post
That's what I use. I didn't see much reason to upgrade to their newest version.
I guess there may be some reason to upgrade, but this package seems pretty complete, as is. I'm almost always "behind the curve" on software anyhow. It seems to me that, if you're on the "cutting edge," you're basically a beta tester.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #36
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
It seems to me that, if you're on the "cutting edge," you're basically a beta tester.
This is me with LibreOffice, I am almost always running a beta, although I do tend to stick to Beta 2s or RCs - I'm not THAT brave to go alpha or even beta 1.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #37
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
This is me with LibreOffice, I am almost always running a beta, although I do tend to stick to Beta 2s or RCs - I'm not THAT brave to go alpha or even beta 1.
It's because of folks like you (in the trenches) that folks like me can enjoy a nice, solid application (in our comfortable homes). Although I do still experiment with stuff that interests me (like testing Linux applications on a Chromebook). Mostly though, I like a stable OS (Linux Mint) and stable applications, a few versions back.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:00 PM   #38
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Just realized that the coupon for the $8 SoftMaker Office 2018 Standard packages (Windows, Mac and Linux) appear to be generic and (apparently) it's an open-ended sale. If you see a slot for a coupon, just type in "extralow" (without the quotes). I don't think this sale is connected to any user name or customer number. There's also a CAD program for $20.00 and some font packages for $1, $2 and $4. (Specialized fonts, stuff I'm not really interested in.) At any rate, I think this link should work for anyone.

https://shop.softmaker.com/shop/shop.php?go&products

The items on sale are near the bottom of the page.

Last edited by rcentros; 07-20-2021 at 10:03 PM.