Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
How to map to Onyx Boox "bookshelf" in Calibre

I am using Calibre 5.17 running under Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 to manage eBooks on my new Onyx Boox Poke3 running Android 10.
Onyx has something they call a "bookshelf" which seems to work like a subfolder. I can add files on my Boox to a bookshelf after loading them onto the Poke3, but it would be much easier if I could do this in Calibre. In the Calibre UI I see "Collections", but these do not appear to map to anything on my device. I want to use my Boox for musical scores as well as eBooks, and need some way to group them separately. I thought that the Boox "bookshelf" would be the answer. How can I manage additions to Boox "bookshelves" in Calibre? Failing that, can I use "Collections" or some other construct that Calibre supports to group files on my device? What do more experienced users recommend?
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Library has got two modes: scan mode & directory mode. You want to use the latter one. Press icon next to clock icon.

Last edited by yokos; 05-18-2021 at 07:50 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:45 AM   #3
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
If you want to mirror your Calibre organisation of your books, have you tried the Calibre Companion app for Android?
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 07:44 AM   #4
rsbrux
Enthusiast
rsbrux began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300 replaced by Onyx Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Library has got two modes: scan mode & directory mode. You want to use the latter one. Press icon next to clock icon.
Thanks, I didn't know about this. However, the directory mode seems to be a list view of what is shown anyway under "Storage", so I don't see the added value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
If you want to mirror your Calibre organisation of your books, have you tried the Calibre Companion app for Android?
I was hoping to get by without adding any apps other than those in the OnyxBoox App Store, but I guess I will break down and take a look at it.

Many thanks to both of you for responding! The Poke 3 is quite a bit more complicated than my old Sony PRS-300, but of course it can do a lot more; I have a lot to learn!
rsbrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #5
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Thanks! On Likebook, I was able to set Calibre Companion to create folders based on my custom 'collection' tag I created in Calibre, which would show up as collections in the Likebook library.

I recently got a Boox Poke2 Color and had been wondering why I wasn't able to get that feature to work, until I found this thread. It wasn't obvious to me unless I read the manual, which I didn't.

As others had mentioned, this 'folder view' seems to go from the root of the internal storage rather than from the 'Books' folder, but I've had to put up with a similar quirk on Likebook, where the root of the library view shows content on the built-in storage until I tap on the 'Books' collection that's located on the memory card (in turn a feature I wish the Boox Note series offered).
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookshelf, collections, grouping