Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-23-2021, 01:53 PM   #16
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can you open your file in an archiver? Does it look good?
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #17
Bozzka
Bozzka began at the beginning.

Device: MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
No, it didn't.

You still haven't answered the questions asked earlier in the thread. No one here can help you until you have detailed your problem step by step. Exact format of book. Version of Calibre and where you downloaded it from. How you created the book. EVERY step you did that led to the error message you received. The exact error message.

Calibre did not add DRM to your book. I get that something unexpected has happened, and that you're panicking/upset about it. But no one here can help you unless you take the first step to ask properly.
I posted the screenshot, that, in this forum, must be approved. I repeat once again that there is a caliber bug that assigned the DRM to my book. The programmer redone work, but we have preserved the copy as it should be corrected by the Calibre managers.
If you don't believe it, do what you want. I have no time
Bozzka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #18
Bozzka

You are very kind.
We recovered the previous version (which obviously wasn't updated) and had to do it all over again. He lost hours of work.
This morning I downloaded the new version of Calibre, maybe the bug is there.
Old 05-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozzka View Post
That image shows a copy of Come impaginare E-Book con InDesign senza impazzire by Bozena Kasztelan in EPUB format locked with DRM. I am assuming based on your MobileRead user name that you are the author.

Without knowing what you did to get to that point no one will be able to help you resolve this.

Quote:
I posted the screenshot, that, in this forum, must be approved. I repeat once again that there is a caliber bug that assigned the DRM to my book. The programmer redone work, but we have preserved the copy as it should be corrected by the Calibre managers.
It is difficult to understand what you are stating. It might be better if you post in your native language.

Last edited by jhowell; 05-23-2021 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Typo
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:26 PM   #20
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
This old thread may be relevant to the problem: DRM Error from InDesign CS6

(Summary: E-books created using Adobe InDesign with obfuscated fonts embedded may be reported by calibre as having DRM.)

Last edited by jhowell; 05-23-2021 at 04:38 PM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:56 PM   #21
chinax
chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.chinax composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Nook Glowlight, Sony DPT-CP1
calibre doesn't really work with DRM, so there is no reason Kovid would ever, ever implement a feature that adds DRM. Free & open-source means free & open-source.

If it's a book you wrote yourself, calibre made a copy of it when you imported. You should still have the original book that you made, untouched, wherever you originally saved it.

You do not know how to add DRM to a book. But you are preparing your books for marketplaces that have DRM. I'm pretty sure Kindle adds its own DRM to books they sell, and as you said, you have viewed it on Kindle.

You should retrace the steps you took to prepare the book for sale, and perhaps target further questions to other self-publishing authors.

And please, just look at the "join date" to the left of someone's comment before you reduce their knowledge of calibre to mere hypotheses. If you're reaching out to longtime users, trust them.

Last edited by chinax; 05-23-2021 at 05:05 PM.
chinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #22
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre is REPORTING that it FOUND DRM,
NOT that it put it there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:05 PM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
ok. here is
Moderator Notice
Removed the oversised image. Please read the Guidlines on (inline) image sizes allowed

I repeat. This is MY BOOK.
By 'MY book', do you mean you are the AUTHOR?
You do not OWN books bought. YOU GET A LICENSE TO use
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bozzka, looking at your screen image, I notice that the cover of your book is very low resolution. It's going to look fuzzy on a hi-resolution Reader such as a Kobo or Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 10:22 PM   #25
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
You answered none of the other questions, so I give up. You clearly don't actually want help.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:37 AM   #26
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
You guys attempting to answer the query are really patient, my compliments. I agree that he just wants to see how far he can stretch it as he does not attempt to listen. Maybe there is a language problem?
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@Bozzka, try loading your ePub into Sigil and if there are obfuscated fonts, remove the obfuscation and then try again in Calibre's editor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:36 AM   #28
Bozzka

Its happen again with the same book.
in addition, also Apple ibook has problems with this. I sent them the files separately, as they ask. Caliber put the DRM lock on my book.I had to open the file with Kindle previever, save as Mobi, import mobi to Caliber and convert to epub. But what should book buyers do?

Now I try to report bugs, but it makes me nervous that no one here on this forum has taken the problem seriously.

What this forum is for, is unknown.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:44 AM   #29
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Now I try to report bugs, but it makes me nervous that no one here on this forum has taken the problem seriously.

What this forum is for, is unknown.
For a start, it's not a write-only medium. If you read and respond to the questions you were asked, there's a much better chance of receiving useful help.

Just repeating, wrongly, that Calibre put DRM on your book, will not give you the outcome you desire.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 05:12 AM   #30
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Have you followed the suggestions made earlier to check for obfuscated fonts? Because this is the most likely source for your "DRM" problems.

Members of this forum have tried to get steps-to-reproduce from you, which is the first thing any troubleshooting requires, and have still manageged to find the most likely cause for your issues. Please try to cooperate when you want help and stop whining.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote