Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-25-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
mulldr
mulldr began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T/X, Palm Vx, Treo650
Question sxl not saving entries from clips

At first I was not getting any content to the Palm T/X at all after installing sunriseXP. I moved to SunriseXP (problems with Desktop and Plucker (as others have posted)). I just wanted it work without the lockups and having to reload plucker every four or five hotsyncs.

So I deleted plucker etc. from handheld, d/l a new copy, removed sunrise desktop - including handheld stub and firefox plugin, and installed anew.
It didn't work, BUT I noticed some odd looking filenames on the destination/SD card and reformated the card and reinstalled the stub SunriseXP.prc. That seemed to work when I take a clip from firefox. I get the tabbed options box and the conversion processes, and the content is there. BUT, (u knew it was coming) I have no entries for the clips in SunriseXP .slx.

That doesn't seem right. Or am I confused in that the slx will only hold entries directly from the SXP desktop? - clip won't resync like a feed?
I think my install is messed up??? Any advise on how to proceed?

Also, I noticed the Firefox extension does not have an uninstall option from within firefox. I see this from the install details(I saved it):
Extract: chrome.manifest
Extract: install.rdf
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\firefox\chrome
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\firefox\chrome\content
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\firefox\chrome\content\sunrisexp
Extract: contents.rdf
Extract: menu.js
Extract: menuoverlay.xul
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Sunrise XP\firefox
Completed

so, will an uninstall of SunriseXP remove all the components if I were to uninstall and reinstall? or is this the intended behavior?

BTW, my lurking in the past has been helpful, so thanks to all the folks in the forums. This really is a great community.