Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-24-2023, 09:34 AM   #1
lanecito
lanecito began at the beginning.

Device: Pixel 7 Pro
Downloaded books not showing in CC

Lately books downloaded from Calibre (as wireless transfer) are not showing in Companion but do show in Downloads/Documents and open correctly in FB Reader. This is new. It is a pain not having all books in CC. This is on a Pixel 7 Pro and Windows 10 laptop.
Thanks
lanecito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 01:32 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Are the metadata of these books correct or are they perhaps duplicated?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2023, 09:33 AM   #3
lanecito

Metadata

I'm not sure how metadata could change. I'm doing nothing different in my uploading from Calibre. This has worked well in the past.
Thanks
Old 09-28-2023, 10:12 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not saying this is the cause of your issue.

You realize that this app is no longer being maintained WHILE everything around it is being updated.

Calibre changes every other week (but most would not affect what you are seeing)
Android apps change at an annoying frequency (with little user benefits AFAICS)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 11:56 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not saying this is the cause of your issue.

You realize that this app is no longer being maintained WHILE everything around it is being updated.

Calibre changes every other week (but most would not affect what you are seeing)
Android apps change at an annoying frequency (with little user benefits AFAICS)
Everything still works in the latest version.
Even in 5.4.3.3 (Android 4), only the cloud connections don't work because the login modalities have changed there.
Advert
Old 09-30-2023, 10:40 AM   #6
lanecito

I just updated Calibre--no help.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:59 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

It's neither Calibre nor Calibre Companion - it's your books and the metadata they contain.
Old 10-16-2023, 10:06 AM   #8
lanecito

Same book file--different result

I have a book in CC on my old phone (Pixel 3xl) which I wanted on my new. But it downloaded to files rather than to CC Same book--same file--different result.
So it would seem that the book files themselves are not the problem.