Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
reader with e-ink that can run android

Are there any reader on the market with e-ink display that can run Android properly, I know my T1 can be hacked to run Android but it's not real real because a lot of apps it can not run.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I would think that an e-ink screen just doesn't have a quick enough refresh rate to run many apps.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I would think that an e-ink screen just doesn't have a quick enough refresh rate to run many apps.
No, its the graphic controlers that are the bottleneck.
We have seen full motion video demos at conventions and posted on youtube.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Probably the closest you can get is a rooted Nook Simple Touch--along with the apps that just work, several have been modified to work well with the screen and there's a hack for faster screen refresh. A couple of the guys at Lifehacker wrote up a how-to and a list of good apps for the NST.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
toomuchreading
Groupie
toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.toomuchreading once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Why don't you investigate the Notion Ink Adam with the Optional Pixel Qi display
with Matte Coating that has Transmissive, transflective, and reflective modes? I have seen good things on the net about it.
? http://www.notionink.com/techspecs.php
toomuchreading is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Probably the closest you can get is a rooted Nook Simple Touch--along with the apps that just work, several have been modified to work well with the screen and there's a hack for faster screen refresh. A couple of the guys at Lifehacker wrote up a how-to and a list of good apps for the NST.
It ACTUALLY works ok, so long as you don't expect it to be a full-fledged Android tablet. I mean, some of the stuff is rather slow, but it chugs through some of the stuff like a trooper.

And, it's so bizarre to see it in eInk.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
marmi
marmi began at the beginning.

Device: none
I own a sony PRS-T1 and I have read that it can be rooted and runs android. Have not tried it myself but the procedure seems quite easy. It is an excellent reader anyway
marmi is offline   Reply With Quote