Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #1
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: N/A
[Android] Keyboard not always appearing in search

The android keyboard does not pop up every time I tap in the search field It seems to only appear sporadically. Quite often I have to tap in the search criteria edit box for the keyboard to display.
bob.f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.f View Post
The android keyboard does not pop up every time I tap in the search field It seems to only appear sporadically. Quite often I have to tap in the search criteria edit box for the keyboard to display.
What device and android version?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:52 PM   #3
bob.f
Connoisseur
bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!bob.f has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
What device and android version?
Oneplus 5, 8.1
Old 08-20-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.f View Post
Oneplus 5, 8.1
Interesting. I own one of those and it is my daily use device. I have never seen the keyboard not appear, and in 25 tries just now it appeared every time.

I wonder if there is a difference in settings. I use GBoard in multi-lingual mode, with Nova as the launcher. Fully stock ROM, not rooted.

Regardless, it will be difficult to fix if I can't make it happen.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #5
bob.f
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Interesting. I own one of those and it is my daily use device. I have never seen the keyboard not appear, and in 25 tries just now it appeared every time.

I wonder if there is a difference in settings. I use GBoard in multi-lingual mode, with Nova as the launcher. Fully stock ROM, not rooted.

Regardless, it will be difficult to fix if I can't make it happen.
I hear you. Pity. We have exactly the same setup, so perhaps as you say, a setting issue. Am pretty sure it used to work fine.

Last edited by bob.f; 08-20-2018 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 08-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
I see a related bug wth android chrome. I do get the keyboard pop up but I do not get the cursor in the input box and letters are not transferred to the input box. It happened here just now. I had to close keyboard. Go to browser settings. Then back out of there and try again. Other slower workarounds are to force stop chrome or clear it's cache. It happens with the forums on this site and with the search fields on some torrent sites but nowhere else And on two different android tablets. So far it does not happen with other android browsers though. And never with URLs only with text input boxes
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote