Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
HeatherReisman69
HeatherReisman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hacks for a Kobo WiFi ?

So I bought a Kobo Glo the other day and It's features kind of make the wifi feel obsolete.

I have stock firmware on my Kobo Wifi, (there is no internet browser or anything fun like that) I was wondering what hacks work on the wifi, and what can I do to spruce it up a bit ? Most of the hacks on this forum seem to be geared towards the Touch. Is there an Ultimate Kobo Wifi hack guide out there ?
HeatherReisman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
There aren't many hacks for the Wifi. I've written up what I know about hacking the Wifi here on the wiki. As for actual hacks, I made a weather forecast display with my Wifi.

I read somewhere on these forums that it's possible to edit some file in the Wifi's ".kobo" folder to direct the SHOP button to a custom url, such as google or wikipedia, but it's a real pain to navigate webpages on the Wifi.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
HeatherReisman69
HeatherReisman69 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Ahh nice. Thanks KevinShort.

That's cool that you can write to the frame buffer. So you can theoretically do what ever you could on a linux machine on this thing.

That weather report app you made is great, an idea for this old kobo would be to frame it at my front door, plugged into a wall outlet for constant charge, and leave the weather app up.
HeatherReisman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, hacking newbie, kobo wifi, kobowifi