Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache
JCSullivan began at the beginning.

Device: Viewsonic
Authors maintenance

How can I modify or delete authors from the authors list drop down.
JCSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSullivan View Post
How can I modify or delete authors from the authors list drop down.
The drop down lists only show items that actually exist in your library. In the tag browser right click on authors and select manage authors to modify their names or find the author in the library view and edit the name in that view. I believe the way to delete an author is in the main library view. If there are no John Smiths in the library view then there will be no John Smiths in any drop down list.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have an author "Track 01" and can't seem to find a way to delete from the db using the front end of course.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have an author "Track 01" and can't seem to find a way to delete from the db using the front end of course.
What do you mean from the db? With any author, changing the field will correct the problem. Search for Track 01 in the search bar then modify author field for the book it is associated with.
Code:
authors:"=Track 01"
Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #5
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What do you mean from the db? With any author, changing the field will correct the problem. Search for Track 01 in the search bar then modify author field for the book it is associated with.
Code:
authors:"=Track 01"
Tried that and I get no listing. Here are a couple of images from the drop down list which I just can't find to delete. Notice the "of" on the second image and the first and second entries on the first image.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre02.gif
Views:	248
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	85252   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre03.gif
Views:	220
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	85253  
Old 04-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Tried that and I get no listing. Here are a couple of images from the drop down list which I just can't find to delete. Notice the "of" on the second image and the first and second entries on the first image.
I guess I might be mistaken. Try restarting calibre (ctrl r). Then for good measure run check library.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	checklibrary.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	85254  
Old 04-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #7
JCSullivan
Chief Inspector Gamache

Thanks for the help - restarted Cal and ran the lib check as you recommended. No errors were found but hey, the extra items were gone. Hooray.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Thanks for the help - restarted Cal and ran the lib check as you recommended. No errors were found but hey, the extra items were gone. Hooray.
Looks like I wasn't mistaken after all, just needed an old fashioned restart.